The Hero Scandal

Warning: This chapter contains a slight amount of abuse

Thank you, and enjoy :3

(Y/n)'s eyes widened at the screen presented before him. "Uh, I'm gonna step outside for a moment to take this, if that's okay," he said, quickly standing up and speed-walking out the backdoor. The other villains had no chance to intervene before the boy was outside.

"Is he okay?" Dabi asked the girl in the recliner, who shrugged her shoulders. Even after months of them living together, he still asked Himiko about (Y/n)'s strange behaviors. "He has no friends, so who the fuck's calling him?" Himiko's eyes widened at the realization.

"Wait, you're right. The only person he talked to before I picked him up was some girl in the Hero Academy, but I thought he had cut contact with her. He should've; I mean, he's a villain," Himiko explained. Dabi huffed a sigh through his nose, glancing out the window to see the boy holding his phone in front of his face, his face expressionless as his lips moved.

"Hm. I'll check it out." He pushed himself up from the couch, opening the front door and stepping out. He held the door, letting it sit just barely ajar so it didn't make sound. He walked around to the side of the house where he was out of (Y/n)'s view, but could still hear the conversation.

"Yeah, I have a place a bit from here. I'm just going out for a walk right now," (Y/n) said to the caller.

"Okay, that's really good. I'm glad you're safe. I really am, (Y/n). You have no idea how boring things have gotten in town without you. You were kinda the only thing I looked forward to around here," a female's voice spoke.

"Why? You're in UA! You're living everybody's dream. You're living my dream, Kyouka. Stop taking your accomplishments for granted and learn to be as proud of yourself as I am. Don't spend all your time trying to make your parents proud, and make yourself proud of something for once. You're too selfless; it physically hurts." Dabi was actually impressed with the boy's reassuring words, but couldn't help but get stuck on the words "you're living my dream."

"Thank you, (Y/n). I'll really try. I just miss you. Please come back and visit sometime, alright? Or else I'll have to hunt you down and kill ya, fuckin' jerk." (Y/n) laughed.

"I'll see what I can do. But don't get your hopes up," he replied.

"Okay... Thanks for this call. I really needed to hear your voice and see your face, even if not in person. I'll let you continue on your walk now. Don't stay up all night."

"Ha, no promises. But I enjoyed seeing and hearing you too. Don't get too lonely without me. Love ya, bitch."

"Love ya too, cunt," the girl said, followed by the sound of the call ending. (Y/n) let nout a long breath, and Dabi rounded the corner, his arms folded.

"Hey," he said, startling the younger boy.

"Oh, fuck, hey. Nice night, huh?" Dabi rolled his eyes.

"Don't give me that. Who the fuck are you to come out here and facetime your girlfriend? Or, sorry, your hero girlfriend. Give it here." Dabi held his hand out, and (Y/n) huffed out a sigh, putting his phone into his hand. Dabi opened his messages, scrolling through the numerous conversations the two had been having. He took note of the fact that they had conversations almost daily. After skimming through about a month's worth, he safely deduced that the boy had not given any useful information. "You're not talking to her again. I don't care if you're married to her or if she's pregnant, none of it. You gotta keep your head in it, kid. You're too young to be having kids anyway."