Chapter 6: We Will Prevail, Again

2 days after the first wave has been sent to the Gate, the Imperial Soldiers of Saderans Empire prepared for another assault. However, the assault wouldn't be happen in near time. They were told to have a rest and maintain their equipments.

The commanders are busy planning the another assault.

After the motivation speech from Marquis Kallios, the other generals had been eager to make a plan for another assault.

Unfortunately, they couldn't gather much information about the enemy. The information from general Agnius and some of his commander in field wasn't enough to make a ideal plan.

Marquis Kallios were aware of this. Initially he already urge a scouting unit to once again crossing the gate. But every scout he sent was never coming back. They had probably has been slain by the enemy defenders somehow.

Because of this, Marquis Kallios was certain the enemy had prepared a solid defensive line near the gate. And, he wanted to know how strong their defensive line are.

He predict the enemy would use a same troops, which is a monsters. An Orcs are pretty much ideal creature to make a defensive line. They were big, powerful, and not scared to death. If they could make a discipline unit consisted from Orcs, it will be very difficult to breakthrough it.

This prediction was also made some ruckus among the military commanders and patricians.

They wanted to know what kind of nation that laid beyond the gate. Is it a monster nation? Is their world filled only with monsters? Is the human are inferior towards monsters?

Marquis Kallios has been trying his best to avert his officials from wasting their energy to wondering around into a productive activity. It's understandable if he felt annoyed that many of his fellow patricians didn't contribute anything and just spreading rumours about the enemy.

But there is one particular fellow patrician who he felt complicated.

"My lord Kallios, may I have a word?"

"Yes, what is it, Count Formal?"

Count Formal has proved himself to be a brave warrior and shrewd aristocrat. He was one of the commander in field during the first wave, and he himself joined the legionnaires in the frontline. He was covered with bruised, and his torso are still covered in bandage. However, this look had made many of the Imperial Soldiers respecting him as a fellow warrior.

Marquis Kallios also acknowledge his bravery and genuinely respect him more than other patricians. But, he felt complicated because Count Formal is a person who can be... a bit too logical.

It is a good thing to understand a complex tactic, but for the Saderans, it will worth of nothing if it means fighting without honor. It doesn't particularly mean that Count Formal don't have any sense of honor. But for Count Formal, a victory and honor could be a separate things depending the circumstance.

It resulting some slight of disagreement among his fellow patricians.

And this time, Marquis Kallios was having some hard time listening Count Formal suggestion.

"If I may suggest, my lord, we asked for more additional force from the Emperor. Also, I think gathering a unit of monsters from our territory would be a good addition among our troops."

Marquis Kallios gave a short sigh.

"May I ask the reason, Count Formal?"

"Of course."

Then, he placed a piece of paper on the table. It has strange lines and numbers along with small words. Marquis Kallios had to look at it with a closer look. Then, after several seconds examining the paper, he gasped.