Chapter 5 : For Our Purpose

Chapter 5: For Our Purpose

"Everyone, we will marched towards the other side of the gate."

The bold announcement from Rimuru had manage to filled the entire meeting room with new spirit. All of them were eager to give their best upon the task that have been assigned by their beloved leader.

Benimaru in particular, smiled the brightest. Then, he gave the first respond.

"Then, we need to prepare a plan for it."

"Exactly, but don't get it wrong, Benimaru. We won't invading the Saderan Empire."

This answer was giving a little surprised to Benimaru, but soon Rimuru gave the reason.

"Our main focus is their Gods and Goddess. We have to know who they are and what are their purpose. But they probably still using the people in that world as their pawns. And as much as I wanted to take the root directly, our moves are going to be limited by their pawns. We must dealt with the Saderans before we make a move against those Gods and Goddess. And what I mean with dealt the Saderans, we only need to make sure they wouldn't continue their hostile attitude toward us. We need to give them a reason to stop their idea of conquest."

Not just Benimaru, many other minister starting to understand more of Rimuru's intention. Invading other nation was never existed in Rimuru's mind, but he need to pacify the Saderans from this situation.

Starting to understand more about the true intention, Mjormile made a first comment.

"Then, we don't necessarily subjugate the Saderans. We can also influence them with peaceful way."

"Exactly as it is, Mjormile-kun. But still, I wouldn't surprise if there will be an armed conflict during the process. That's why I still need a military presence in their world."

"Fufu, I understand better now, Rimuru-sama. You want to supress the Empire capability to continue their hostile attitude without cleansing their existence. Rimuru-sama is always the most benelovent being." Testarossa made the respond gleefully.

"I see. Then, we won't need a large army for it." Benimaru retorted.

"Yes, but we still need a good quantity this time. Quality alone wouldn't be suffice."

"Understood, Rimuru-sama. I can prepare it right away."

"Thanks, Benimaru. And, the military presence are only meant for self-defense. I want to settle this with negotiation or any other peaceful way."

"In that case, I would sent my proficient subordinate to handle it." Testarossa reponded.

"Thank you very much, Testarossa. I leave that to you. And, Mjormiles-kun, I don't think this is ethically a right thing to do for now, but what do you think about expanding our economy influence to the Saderans?"

"It's a great opportunity, Rimuru-sama. If we can have a lot of influence with money alone, the Empire would have limited options to stand against us."

"Hmm... I feel like robbing them right now, but it's better than taking lives. Please prepare a plan for it, Mjormiles-kun."

"It shall be done, Rimuru-sama."

"Thank you, Mjormiles-kun. Also, during the process to supress the Saderans, I want to gather information as much as possible about their Gods and Goddess. If possible, I want to personally meet them."

"I will handle it, Rimuru-sama. I will appoint my capable subordinate to gather intel in that world. I also have already sent spies in disguise between the retreating army, we may figure out how much power the Saderans had possess soon."