Chapter 3

Nico sighed out softly and smiled as he leaned against the side of the Rialto Bridge. Will was right next to Nico and he was taking many, many photos of the view of the Grand Canal.

"This place is so beautiful." Will said, placing his phone into his pocket as he rested his arms against the railing and leaning against it.
"It's a little annoying with how much people are here though." Nico said, glancing at a group of tourists who walked past them.
"What do you expect?" Will smiled at Nico.
"This place is absolutely mesmerising. Thanks for taking me here. I definitely need to bring my mom around over here."
Will looked back at the water below and Nico looked at Will.

"Let me know when you're getting hungry, my mamma and sister are working today at the restaurant so you can taste true and authentic Italian food." Nico stated, looking into the water and watching as some tourists who were on a gondola, just exploring the city from the Grand Canal.
Will blinked and he furrowed his eyebrows at Nico.
"Your mother and sister own a restaurant?" Will questioned.
Nico shrugged. "Family restaurant. Has been for here for like decades. My mamma and sister are in charge of it now and sometimes I help."

"What's it called?" Will smiled, genuinely interested in this as he leaned in closer to Nico.
Nico cleared his throat.
"Uhm...it's just Di Angelo's." Nico stated.
"Not a very creative name, it's just our last name... soo..."
Will hummed.
"Nico di Angelo, huh?" Will grinned.
"Your name is nice, di Angelo~"
Nico rolled his eyes and he elbowed Will in his arm.
"Ugh, shut up, Solace." Nico smiled.

"What kind of meals does Di Angelo's make?" Will asked.
"Authentic Italian meals. Y'know, like actually good pizza which isn't from America?" Nico grinned at Will.
"... What else?" Will questioned, not even bothering to comment on Nico's statement.
"Some pasta dishes, uhm... Lasagna, Risotto, Truffles and many more. For dessert we have really good Gelato too as well as a few other things." Nico answered.
As Nico listed these foods, Will could hear his stomach rumbling.

"... Okay, let's go and eat then."Will smiled.
"You don't want to stay here a bit longer?" Nico asked.
"Take some selfies to post on Instagram or something?"
Will raised his eyebrows.
"... Y'know what? C'mere." Will said, wrapping an arm around Nico and bringing him closer.
Nico gulped as Will brought him closer. Will used his other hand, digging out his phone and he went onto the camera app.

Will held his phone up and he squeezed Nico's shoulder.
"Say 'cheese' ~" Will grinned at the camera.
Nico glanced at Will before he looked at the camera of Will's phone. Nico managed a smile and Will snapped a couple of photos of the two of them.

"Alright! Lead the way to your family's restaurant." Will smiled at Nico as he put his phone into his pocket again.
Nico took Will's arm away from his shoulder and he took Will's hand into his again.
"Let's go." Nico smiled at Will.
Will glanced at their hands and his smile just grew.

All day Nico had been holding his hand as they explored the city and Will loved the feeling of Nico's hand in his.

*****

"Niccolo! Oh, what're you doing here, dear?"
Nico was instantly embraced by an older women and Will watched as Nico seemed to hug the women back.
"Mamma, I'm here with a new friend, Will, please don't be super embarrassing?" Nico begged his mother as he backed away from the hug.

Will tensed up when Nico's mother looked at him.
"Hello, how are you-?" Nico's mother began.
"He's from America, he cannot speak Italian." Nico stated.
"... Ah. Hello, dear. I'm Maria, Niccolo's mamma." Maria smiled at Will, placing her hand out.
Will smiled back at Maria.
"Hello ma'am. Pleasure to meet you." Will said, shaking Maria's hand.
Maria blinked and she looked at Nico.