Chapter 2

Will felt so stupid.

He was in the café that he visited yesterday morning, at the exact same time, in hope of seeing that Nico guy again.

Will should've gotten Nico's number. But it would've been weird, right? I mean they just met yesterday and... they only talked for a good 10-20 minutes before Nico had to leave.
So, why was Will so desperate to talk to this stranger again?

Will bit his inner cheek as he tapped his fingers against the table and he looked at the cup of coffee on the table. Yeah, somehow he managed to order the coffee himself. Crazy, right?
It did take the waitress he had today a couple of minutes to figure out what he was saying, due to his heavy Texan accent making his Italian sounding strange, but eventually she got it.

"Oh, and the poor Texan guy, with the terrible Italian, managed to order coffee!"
Will looked over and his eyes lit up as he saw Nico standing by the table he was sat at.
"Hey Will." Nico smiled.
Will smiled back.
"I was hoping you'd come back here." Will said.

"Oh?" Nico raised an eyebrow as he pulled out the chair across from Will and sat down.
"So you came here to see me again?"
Nico had a teasing tone to his voice.
Will's cheeks turned red.
"I liked talking to you yesterday." Will shrugged as he lifted his cup of coffee.
Nico bit his inner cheek.
"... I'll be honest, I came here in hope that you'd be here again." Nico said, tapping his fingers against the table.
Will smiled at Nico.
"Really?" Will tilted his head at Nico.
Nico nodded.

"Embarrassing, isn't it?" Nico said, averting eye contact with Will.
"Wanting to talk to a guy who's so shit at Italian and who won't be here for long, just because he's been stuck on my mind ever since meeting him?"
Will raised his eyebrows.
"Wow. That was very honest." Will stated, staring at Nico.
Nico's own cheeks turned red and Will smiled.
"And yeah, it's super embarrassing."
"Gee, thanks."
Nico looked at Will as Will was smiling widely at him. Nico felt himself smile back.

"So, what did you do yesterday?" Nico asked, tilting his head.
"Visit any attractions?"
Will scrunched up his nose and shook his head.
"No, I just walked about, admired how pretty everything looked." Will said.
"Mostly because I didn't want to be clueless and not understand anyone if they spoke Italian to me."

"... You know if you visited a tourist attraction, they'd probably speak English to you." Nico pointed out.
Will's cheeks turned red from embarrassment.
"... W-Well... I didn't... I didn't think of that." Will mumbled.
Nico snickered.
"Gosh... You're an idiot." Nico sighed.
"... You understand that I know the word for idiot in Italian? And even if I didn't, I would know that you're calling me an idiot either way?" Will raised his eyebrows at Nico.

Nico smiled at Will.
"That's right, if I start speaking Italian, there's a high chance you won't understand me." Nico stated, staring at Will.
"Do you know what I'm saying now? Mmh?"
Will blinked at Nico and frowned.
"That's mean, Nico." Will said, tilting his head at Nico.
"I find it funny. I mean, you look really cute when you're confused and have that clueless look on your face when I speak Italian."Nico stated, leaning back against his seat.
" Nico! "Will whined, pouting at Nico.
"Pleaasee, talk to me in Englisshh! I don't understand anything you're saying!"
Nico laughed and Will's heart skipped a beat at the sound of Nico's laugh. Ohhh, why did was Will falling so quickly for this strange Italian boy?

"Pfft! Okay, I've had my fun for now." Nico smiled at Will.
"Want me to accompany you around town, show you around? Take you to a few places where there aren't tourists roaming about?"
Will raised his eyebrows.
"Do you offer this to any strange American guys? Or is this just a special offer for me?" Will questioned, a grin on his face.
"It is a special offer for the stupid but cute Texan boy who cannot speak Italian to save his life." Nico answered.

"... What the hell does 'cute' mean?" Will frowned, unsure if Nico was complimenting or insulting him.
"Why do you keep calling me that?"
"You'll find out one day." Nico sighed out softly.
"You should pay for your coffee-"
"I paid as soon as the waitress came over." Will said as he got up.
Will picked up his bag which was next to his seat.

"Show me around the beautiful city of Venice, Nico." Will smiled.
Will placed his hand in front of Nico. Nico glanced at Will's hand and back up at Will's face.
"You wanna hold hands? Wow~ are you trying to make a move on me?" Nico teased as he took Will's hand, getting up from his seat.
Will's cheeks turned a bit pink but he managed to keep his composure, still smiling at Nico.
"And you just took my hand, that means you're clearly interested in me." Will stated, reluctantly interlocking their fingers.

Nico glanced at their hands and his cheeks turned red. Nico stayed silent for a few seconds and he did not hold eye contact with Will. Will was surprised. He had just made Nico flustered. Was Nico actually into him-?

"Let's just get going. Don't let go of my hand, I don't want to lose you in the crowds outside." Nico mumbled as he instantly walked off, dragging Will behind him.
Will smiled as he looked at their hands and at Nico. The tips of Nico's ears were red. Will found it absolutely adorable.

And Will was super excited to spend this day with Nico, exploring the city of Venice.

---------------------------------------------------------

Word count: 974