𝟞 | 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐌𝐚𝐠𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐥 𝐒𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐥*ੈ✩‧₊˚

It was at the beginning of the night when all five of us got down at Hogsmeade Station. The first years were escorted and given an introduction by a 'half-giant' named 'Magnus' to Hogwarts Castle by boats with lanterns lighting up a huge lake called the 'Great Lake'. I was surprised to see Tom in one of the boats after a long time. Lucretia and Ignatius had to take the carriages. It was a magnificent sight.

After we got to the land, we all got off the boats and started walking inside

After we got to the land, we all got off the boats and started walking inside. Hogwarts was built in a valley area, surrounding mountains were part of the landscape, with the fairly large Great Lake to the south of the main building. A deep spooky forest known as the 'Forbidden Forest' extended around to the west of the castle. There were also exterior and vegetable patches on the school grounds. The castle was huge and majestic. There were many towers and turrets all around. The huge main oak front doors that led into the faced west, and opened up to sloping lawns. The doors opened magically and we all walked inside. We walked up the wide marble staircase opposite the oak doors to a chamber where Wizard Dumbledore stood patiently waiting with a kind face. 

"Dear children, welcome to Hogwarts! Before the start-of-term banquet, we'll sort you into one of four Houses - Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, or Slytherin. Each House has its history and has produced outstanding wizards and witches. Throughout your time at Hogwarts, you'll earn House points for your accomplishments and lose them for breaking any rules. The House with the most points at the end of the year wins the House Cup. Your House at Hogwarts will be like your family, so the Sorting ceremony is vital. Now, please follow me to the Great Hall."

I caught Tom staring at me from the front which strangely made me feel somewhat comfortable in the new environment. I looked him in the eye and walked with the others. 

All of us gasped in awe as we set foot into the Great Hall. It was a large hall and looked very inviting. It was lit by thousands and thousands of candles that were floating in midair over four long tables, where the rest of the students were sitting. These tables were laid with glittering golden plates and goblets. At the top of the hall was another long table where the teachers were sitting. The hundreds of faces staring at us looked like pale lanterns in the flickering candlelight. I looked upward and saw a velvety black ceiling dotted with stars. It was hard to believe there was a ceiling there at all, and that the Great Hall didn't simply open onto the heaven.

The staff table was at the front, where the entire Hogwarts staff sat. There was a throne-like chair in the centre of the table where the Headmaster sat. There was a gallery which overlooked the hall.

 We continued up to the front of the hall where Dumbledore faced us a step above

 We continued up to the front of the hall where Dumbledore faced us a step above. "Before starting the ceremony, your headmaster; Professor Phineas Black would like to say a few words to you," said Dumbledore and stepped aside. The Headmaster stood up from his chair. He was a clever-looking wizard, with black hair, shrewd and narrow dark eyes, a pointed beard and thin eyebrows.

"I have an important start-of-term announcement to make. First-year students must not enter the dark forest. The third-floor corridor on the right-hand side is strictly forbidden to all, which was reminded by our caretaker; Mr. Treece," He gestured his hand towards a very unpleasant-looking skinny old man, and then continued, "Anyone who enters risks a painful death. Thank you." Professor Black took his seat.

"Now, I will call each one of you in alphabetical order by last name and you should come up here and sit down on this stool beside me. Then, I will place the Sorting Hat on your head which would decide your house in Hogwarts," announced Dumbledore.

And so, the Sorting Ceremony began. The Sorting Hat was placed upon the stool at the head of the Great Hall, whereupon it sang a song of its composition about the four founders of Hogwarts and the qualities sought by their respective Houses. The magical hat spoke in a loud voice to every student when placed upon their heads. The first one to be sorted from our newly formed troop was Agnes and she was sorted into Slytherin traditionally as a Black. Next came Alex and he got Gryffindor. And then, my turn came finally.

"Y/n Potter!"

𝗔/𝗡 :  𝙳𝚘𝚗'𝚝 𝚖𝚒𝚗𝚍 𝚖𝚎 𝚐𝚞𝚢𝚜, 𝙸 𝚌𝚊𝚗 𝚋𝚎 𝚑𝚒𝚐𝚑𝚕𝚢 𝚍𝚎𝚜𝚌𝚛𝚒𝚙𝚝𝚒𝚟𝚎 𝚜𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚝𝚒𝚖𝚎𝚜. 𝙸 𝚓𝚞𝚜𝚝 𝚠𝚊𝚗𝚝𝚎𝚍 𝚈/𝚗 𝚝𝚘 𝚏𝚎𝚎𝚕 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚖𝚊𝚐𝚒𝚌 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗 𝙷𝚘𝚐𝚠𝚊𝚛𝚝𝚜! 𝙿𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚎 𝚟𝚘𝚝𝚎 & 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝 <𝟹