𝟝 | 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐉𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐧𝐞𝐲ˏˋ°•*⁀➷

𝑆𝑒𝑝𝑡𝑒𝑚𝑏𝑒𝑟 1𝑠𝑡 𝟏𝟗𝟑𝟖

Tom and I went on a trip to Diagon Alley in London with an apprentice of Dumbledore to buy essential stuff for our new school. But both of us could not afford them, mostly books. Luckily, the apprentice took us for a visit to Gringott's Bank where our wizard parents had deposited loads of wizarding money for their children.

After we were done with shopping, the apprentice dropped us at King's Cross. The station was bustling. It was hard to find the bizarre platform because Tom kept annoying the hell out of me.

"Will you just stop blabbering about how jealous you are of me?! We'll miss the train you idiot!"

"I am not jealous! I just can't stand you!"

"Alright, first of all, we have to do is find platform number 9."

We both walked hurriedly crashing into people and getting scolded in return. Finally, we came to platform number 9. Now all we have to do is find a way to platform 9¾.

"Don't you think Dumbledore might have been mistaken? There can't be such a platform!" I told Tom.

"Don't be silly, Pottah. He is never wrong. '9¾' is a number between 9 and 10. So..." He looked at me with a little hope in his eyes.

"You mean there must be a connection between platforms 9 and 10?" I gasped.

"Yeah. We have already seen with our own eyes that magic exists. So, we have to try going from platform 9 to 10."

"Are you crazy? We will simply smash our heads into that brick wall!"

"Watch me," Tom winked at me and stood near platform 9 between the brick walls of the two platforms holding his suitcase. He faced the brick wall and took a deep breath with his eyes closed. Once he opened his eyes, he started running directly towards the brick wall. I held my breath and watched. I was stunned to see Tom disappear through the brick wall! That was so magical! Wait, if I'm superior to him like Dumbledore said, then I could do it too. I did the same as Tom. I started running directly towards the brick wall and felt soft all around my body. I suddenly crashed into someone. It was Tom.

"What the hell Y/n?! Watch where you're going!" Tom patted his clothes.

I ignored him and turned to the right-hand side. Then I saw the most breathtaking view of my life. A large red steam engine stood proudly at platform 9¾. Hundreds of parents were hugging and kissing their kids on the forehead before letting them get onto the train. That's something that will never happen to both of us. I sighed in sorrow.

Tom walked and got into the train

Tom walked and got into the train. I walked silently enjoying my view. I got onto the train and walked through the corridor to find an empty compartment. Tom had already disappeared which relieved me. Boys and girls were chatting and laughing everywhere. I almost gagged when I saw a couple eating each other's faces with the door wide open. Could they be even more disgusting?? Unfortunately, there were no empty compartments. But one caught my eye which seemed to have more seats left. I looked into the compartment and became relieved. Inside, there was a girl and a boy around my age who were talking. I cleared my throat to grab their attention.

"Excuse me, may I sit here, please? All the other compartments are full."

"Sure, come in," The girl said beaming while the boy smiled at me.

"Thank you so much!" I said and stood on my tiptoes to settle my suitcase on the upper shelf. It was hopeless. I was struggling when I suddenly noticed the slight awkwardness inside the compartment. Just as I was about to give up, another boy spoke from behind me.

"Hey, may I help you?"

"Yes, please."

I got out of the way while still holding onto my suitcase while a boy slightly taller than me grabbed it and pushed it onto the shelf in his second attempt.

"Thank you," I said exhausted.

"No problem," the boy said.

We smiled at each other when another girl crashed into our compartment. Both the children who were already in were gawking at our little fiasco. The girl was panting while she struggled to speak.

"So sorry everyone! We didn't mean to intrude. We, well, I was super late, and that's why I came running afraid that I might miss the train!"

"Oh, no it's not a problem. You can stay here if you guys want to." The boy who was here from the beginning told them. Then, we all settled down after putting suitcases onto the shelf. The boy who got here first started speaking after a while.

"Hi! I'm Alexander Longbottom and I'm a first year." The boy had neatly combed dark brown straight hair and a chubby face.

"Hello, guys! I'm Agnes Black and I'm a first year too," said the girl next to Alexander. She had long auburn straight hair.

"Nice to meet you guys. I'm Ignatius Prewett and I'm in my second year," the boy who had helped me introduced himself. He had freckles and beautiful golden wavy hair which was unfortunately very untidy.

"Hi, guys! I'm Lucretia Black and I'm in my second year too," said the girl who had crashed in a hurry. She had short straight chocolate brown hair.

"Wow! So you two are related," said Ignatius.

"What?! No, no. I mean, we must be distantly related. But, we just met each other for the first time today!" replied Agnes.

"So, who might you be little girl?" Ignatius asked kindly. But, it bothered me when he called me 'little'. I was slightly shorter than other girls of my age, and Tom took advantage of it every chance he got since he was slightly taller than most boys of his age. Just great!

"Hello everyone. I'm Y/n Potter and I'm in the first year," I said quite timidly compared to others.

"Sweet, I'm thinking maybe you would be a...Hufflepuff!" Ignatius exclaimed.

"A what-"

"Oh, shut up, Iggie! It's so nice to meet all of you! Perhaps we could be friends! I hope you all get sorted into Slytherin," Lucretia interrupted with hope.

"That would be very nice and I'd love to! But, what is 'Slytherin'?" I asked thinking probably it might be a schoolhouse.

"Oh, I thought you must know since you're a pure-blood yourself!" Lucretia said with surprise.

"Oh, I just heard from the wizard Dumbledore that I'm one today. I live in an orphanage," I said quite sad about myself.

"Oh, we're sorry to hear that, Y/n. By the way, Dumbledore is our Transfiguration professor. Oops, sorry. Let's first get to know the houses. There are four houses namely Slytherin, Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff and Gryffindor," Lucretia mentioned the last house with slight disgust.

"Wait a minute. We are not going to be sorted into Slytherin. I want to get sorted into Gryffindor," said Alex with much pride.

"Okay, whatever! However, we will meet together during crossover lessons," said Agnes enthusiastically and we all agreed.

"So, where is this school?" I asked curiously.

"Hogwarts is in the Scottish Highlands! Very picturesque..." Lucretia said mesmerized.

𝗔/𝗡 :  𝙷𝚎𝚢 𝚐𝚞𝚢𝚜! 𝚆𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚍𝚘 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚔 𝚊𝚋𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚈/𝚗'𝚜 𝚗𝚎𝚠 𝚏𝚛𝚒𝚎𝚗𝚍𝚜? 𝙷𝚘𝚙𝚎 𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚢 𝚏𝚎𝚎𝚕 𝚕𝚒𝚔𝚎 𝚑𝚘𝚖𝚒𝚎𝚜! :)) 𝙿𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚎 𝚟𝚘𝚝𝚎 & 𝚌𝚘𝚖𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝, 𝚒𝚝 𝚎𝚗𝚌𝚘𝚞𝚛𝚊𝚐𝚎𝚜 𝚖𝚎 𝚊 𝚕𝚘𝚝 𝚝𝚘 𝚠𝚛𝚒𝚝𝚎 𝚖𝚘𝚛𝚎 <𝟹