002. HAVE LUNCH WITH US THIS WEEK

Chapter two

"Have lunch with us this week." 

Heading to the strip mall, having changed into gym clothes, Letty had her hair up in a ponytail as she stood next to her brother in front of their neighbor Johnny Lawrence, which Letty only knew his name now thanks to the cops mentioning it when they were bringing them into the precinct and how she recalled them mumbling something about him being the Applebee's guy whatever that meant as he stood in front of them in some kind of pajama set, as the silence in the room was deafening as Miguel spoke up "so, are gonna get the karate pajama's too?" he asked "quiet!" Mr Lawrence yelled, as Miguel flinched, Letty rolled her eyes.

"The student only speaks when he or she is spoken to is that understood?" Mr Lawerence asked "yes." Miguel told him, as Letty rolled her eyes "sure." she said, as Mr Lawerence looked at them seeming to be waiting for more "yes, sir?" Miguel asked "no." Letty told him, shaking her head "you'll always address me as sensei. Is that understood?" Sensei Lawerence asked "yes, sensei." Miguel and Letty told him "and these aren't pajamas. This is a gi. And you'll get one when you've earned it." Sensei Lawerence shared, as Letty furrowed her brows "we have to wear that when we fight?" she asked.

As Sensei Lawerence looked at her, Letty stared back at him not backing down, in which Sensei Lawerence then looked to Miguel and then back to Letty "you ready to begin your training?" he asked "yeah, sensei." Miguel told him, and when he did, Sensei Lawerence lunged forward, grabbing Letty's arm and flipped her over, sending her down onto the mat "what the.." Miguel said, as Sensei Lawerence put his arm around him and flipped him over sending him down to the mat as well "lesson one. Strike first. Never wait for the enemy to attack." Sensei Lawerence shared.

"Got it." Letty told him, as she pushed herself off the mat, her brother Miguel was struggling to even get up "but you could've given us like a warning.." he was telling him "quiet!" Sensei Lawerence yelled, as Miguel then stood up standing next to Letty "we do not train to be merciful here." Sensei Lawerence shared as he began walking around them, Miguel pulled out his inhaler "mercy is for the weak. Here, on the street, in competition." Sensei Lawerence was saying, as Miguel took a breath from his inhaler "a man confronts you, he is the enemy. An enemy deserves no mercy.." Sensei Lawerence said as he made it back in front of them, noticing Miguel.

"What is the problem, Mr Diaz?" he asked him "there's no problem, Sensei. You..you punched me and I have asthma, so.." Miguel was telling him, as Sensei Lawerence grabbed his inhaler and threw it across the room, causing it to hit the wall and break, as Letty and Miguel both watched it, Letty quickly turned her head back "that things like a hundred bucks!" she voiced "we do not allow wining or weakness in this dojo. So, you can leave your asthma and your peanut allergies and your winy girl talk and all that other made up bullshit outside, is that understood?" Sensei Lawerence asked.

In which Letty furrowed brows "winy girl talk?" she asked, knowing she was nothing like the picture he had in his head, while her brother said "yes, but those are real medical problems I was.." he was telling him, as Sensei Lawerence looked at him then too Letty "oh, don't play dumb, all you girls are the same. Wanting to talk about your hair and your new clothes. Listen to your radios. It's all just a bunch of wining." he said, as Miguel shook his head "Letty's not like that." he told him, and as he did, Sensei Lawerence then turned to him and gave him a look "yes, Sensei, understood." Miguel told him, and Letty didn't say it as Sensei Lawerence turned and looked at her.