𝐁𝐫𝐨𝐨𝐤𝐥𝐲𝐧 𝐁𝐚𝐛𝐲 | 𝐑𝐨𝐧𝐚𝐥𝐝 𝐒𝐩𝐞𝐢𝐫𝐬

❃❃❃

❃❃❃

You looked down at the pregnancy test on the counter as you awaited the results.

You and Ron had been inseparable ever since you met back in the war.

At first, Ron was skeptical of having a woman officer around, he raised hell when Colonel Sink told him you'd be joining the Airborne.

You were a replacement officer from WestPoint or as Captain Nixon called you, their "West Pointer." You didn't join Easy until Haguenau.

"Lieutenant (L/n) here for Captain Speirs?" You knocked on the door.

You saw a man sprawled out on the couch; sick as a dog. "Hi ma'am, Captain Speirs is right over there." He pointed.

"Thank you sir."

"You're welcome. I'm Carwood, let me know if you need anything." He let out a smile through his coughing.

"Yes sir, let me know if you need anything as well. One way ticket back to the states maybe?" You joked.

"Yea that would be great." He scoffed.

Speirs entered the room.

"Lieutenant (L/n) I've been expecting your arrival." He shook your hand.

You gazed up into his hazel eyes. He was the most handsome man you'd ever seen. He immediately noticed your beauty as well. That handshake lasted for a prolonged amount of time, to the point where Lipton cleared his throat as to break the tension.

You and Ron instantly formed a bond. A special kind of bond that could only be formed between two people fighting a war. After he had gotten to know you, he reported to Colonel Sink "I guess having a woman around isn't so bad."

You eloped immediately after returning to the states, and started your new life together in Brooklyn.

Ron received a letter from the U.S. Armed Forces that same day on his way home from work. He would be departing to Korea to fight yet another war. He wasn't sure how to break the news to you.

He exhaled before turning the door handle.

"I'm home." He exclaimed while taking his jacket off.

"(Y/n)?" He walked around the house looking for you.

"In the bathroom!" You yelled while staring down at your pregnancy test.

Ron walked in, eyes glued curiously on the test.

"I haven't looked yet..." You turned to him.

"That's ok. Let's look together." He pulled you into a hug. "I missed my wife." He kissed the top of your head.

"I missed you too." You stood on your tip toes to peck his lips. "I'm sorry I didn't wait for you, I just have this crazy feeling that I might be pregnant." You looked into his eyes, arms wrapped around his back.