𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐲 𝐢𝐧 𝐌𝐲 𝐅𝐨𝐱𝐡𝐨𝐥𝐞 | 𝐁𝐮𝐜𝐤 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐩𝐭𝐨𝐧

❃❃❃

❃❃❃

"Find a foxhole!" You heard First Sergeant Lipton yell as the German mortars fell over the Ardennes. You were running through the snow, hands over your head, trying to find cover.

You felt two hands reach up from the soil and pull you down into a foxhole. It was Buck Compton and Donald Malarkey.

Instinctively you ducked down in between them, arms covering your head.

"Thank you!" You yelled over to your comrades over the deafening artillery above you.

"Always a pleasure having to save your ass!" Malarkey yelled jokingly.

"Pipe down Malark!" Buck yelled as you all moved closer together.

As the shelling worsened Buck pulled you into his chest. His arms were wrapped tightly around you. You felt safe in his comfort, and hoped the shelling would let up.

Three minutes later the shelling finally came to a stop.

You slowly pulled yourself out of Comptons chest. He looked at you, catching his breath.

"Why the hell were you out of your foxhole anyway (y/n)?" He asked sternly.

"I was looking for you Buck...I found you didn't I?" You grinned.

Buck gave you a smirk. "Don't do anything stupid like that again. You know the mortars could come down anytime. I mean it!"

"Ok ok you're right I'm sorry. From now on I'll stay right here with you and Malark." You knocked on Malarkey's helmet. You loved messing with the men. It lightened the tension.

"Hey hey as long as you two don't do any canoodling I'll be fine." He pointed his fingers at you both.

You and Compton turned to each other smiling. It was true, you two did a lot of "canoodling" since getting to know each other back in France. You were head over heels, and so was he.

"No promises." Buck looked at Malarkey as he placed his arm around your shoulder bringing your bodies close together.

"I'm gonna be sick." Malarkey said as he lit a cigarette.

You heard footsteps approaching the foxhole.

"Everything good over here?" Lipton said as he crouched down next to you.

"We're fine Sargeant. Are the men ok?" Buck asked.

"I think so. I'm making my rounds just to make sure." Lipton said catching his breath. "I think it's best we all stay in our foxholes until we're certain."

"What about you Lip?" You were concerned for Lipton, after all; one could argue he was the leader of Easy Company at this point. All of the men would agree.

"Don't worry about me I'll be fine. Looks like you're in good hands too huh Sergeant (L/n)?" Lipton gave you a smirk as he eyed you and Buck.

The men had caught wind of the way you and Buck fancied each other. You remembered the first time you laid eyes on him. He was wearing his dress uniform playing poker with the men. You thought he was the most handsome man in the world. You reminisced on that moment...