Severe

EREN POV:

"You made your choice. I never told you that your choice would align with hers." Levi stated while I paced back and forth in his living room.

"No. You let me believe that as long as I chose, I would have something at least—I would have her. But I don't." I shook my head disapprovingly and he had nothing to say for a minute.

"I chose her...and she didn't choose me." I muttered and stopped pacing to stand where I was.

"That's her decision...you can't change her mind. Whatever she decides to do is up to her." He added and I just stared at the wall in silence, unable to comprehend that what I felt for her was not what she felt too.

Y/N POV:

He told you that he loves you. He said that he's choosing you and to love you he has to choose you...yet you walked away. You never envisioned yourself deeply in love, yet you craved that feeling for yourself. You walked out on him.

When you closed your eyes you swore you could feel and relive the memories you had with Mikasa. The most prominent memories were of when you two were kids, you've known her nearly your entire life, and never once did you imagine this happening.

Then you'd open your eyes again and all that warmth was gone. You were cold, freezing to the touch.

You shut your eyes, hoping to relive some of those warm memories again and you did. The sound of the elevator dinging caused you to open your eyes and the reality of things was now in front of you.

You stepped to the side to allow the boarding people to join you in the elevator. You were getting off on the top floor and you were only halfway up the building so you waited...you waited until the elevator stopped on your floor.

By now, your men were already nearly to the top, preparing to seize their moment and allow the chaos to begin. The time was ticking, you'd planned everything down to the second and any bump in the plan had been smoothed out.

The jacket you were wearing was heavy with two deep pockets, within each pocket your hands comfortably rested in. Along with a gun in one hand inside a pocket, you stared directly at the floor counter until you reached the top. Anybody who was in this elevator when you reached the top floor would die, that was not even a fraction of the amount of chaos you were about to bring.

Was it fair of you to take their lives just because they were in the elevator? Not at all. But was it fair when they murdered Mikasa? No, it wasn't. Blood for blood is what your presence here meant.

The elevator reached the top floors. You heard the ding and swiftly moved your fingers over the trigger. The doors opened and there were two men standing in front of you in the elevator, as the doors started to open you pulled out the gun from your pocket and shot both of them in the back of the head without so much as blinking as you pulled out the gun.

The only thing on your mind was everything you've lost, everything you've endured, and how unfair it was that the people responsible acted like they should get to live another day.

Both bodies dropped to the floor and when you stepped off their bodies and entered the open floor, all your men rushed in and the chaos began on your command. With a quick scan you didn't see Reiner or Grisha but despite the top floor being an open floor plan, there was still another room they could be in that was tucked off to the left.

The amount of shooting happening was more than you'd ever seen before. Not only were Grisha's men dying but yours were too. Your goal was to find Grisha and Reiner, anyone else who got in your way was just collateral damage.