•𝐁𝐔𝐑𝐍•

This chapter is dedicated to AmeerahAdelaja

🇲 🇮 🇨 🇭 🇦 🇪 🇱 ’🇸  🇵 🇴 🇻 

•𝐌𝐈𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐄𝐋 𝐊𝐀𝐘𝐃𝐄𝐍 𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐋𝐀𝐍𝐃•

"Are you going to keep ignoring me?"

I placed my chemistry textbook and Treasure’s English textbook inside my locker, making a mental note to return it to her.

"Michael!" I groaned in annoyance, turning to stare at her. Her black hijab elegantly framed her face, the fabric draping gracefully. A subtle pattern adorned the hijab, adding a touch of personal style. Despite the frown on her face, there was a certain strength in her eyes, and her brows knitted together in a mix of frustration and determination.

"Are you going to keep ignoring me?" she questioned again, her voice a mix of concern and frustration.

“I have nothing to say to you, Mariam.” My Samsung S24 ultra buzzed, and I checked to see a message from Ademola.

*Ademola: Guy, it's time for our match o.*

“I have to go; I have a match.” I didn't want to speak to her; I was pissed. As I turned to leave, her soft hands wrapped around me, hugging me from behind. I was taller than her, and I could feel her head resting on my back.

“I’m sorry, please forgive me.”

We were the only ones in the locker hall, and her grip was so tight that if I moved, I would injure her. I stared at her hands decorated with henna. “Laine, please.”

“No! Treasure told me to make sure I didn't let you go until we talked about it and came to a conclusion!”

I scoffed; Mariam was smart. She already involved my sister in the situation, leaving me no choice.

Mariam Laine Khan, daughter of Senator Khan and my girlfriend of two years. I wouldn't just break up with her over some stupid guy.

“Did you enjoy the kiss?” I asked her, and she shook her head vigorously. “I told you before… he likes me, not the other way around, and it was a dare, and you know I can't take alcohol. I'm really sorry, babe.”

I sighed, “Did you brush your teeth well and wash your mouth well?” She burst into laughter, releasing me from her grip. I smiled, placing a hand on her head.

“Yes, very well. I used Colgate toothpaste and Oral-B mouthwash.” I smiled, proud of her dental hygiene.

“Let's not fight again, please.” I nodded, placing my hand in hers, giving her a kiss on the forehead.

“I wanna watch your game; can I come along?”

“Sure, but we have to run there. 1..2..3..go!” We sprinted to the huge field where the boys had been waiting for me. Ademola shook his head, staring at me and Mariam.

“Guy since! Since that I have sent you that message… Hey Mariam.” Demola said as I released my hold from Mariam, joining them on the field. “Sorry, I had to deal with something.”

“You're lucky you are who you are, if not we wouldn't have waited.”

“Let's start joor! All these spittings are boring.” Jire yelled, throwing the ball to Samuel, who was the goalkeeper.

🇹 🇷 🇪 🇦 🇸 🇺 🇷 🇪 ’🇸  🇵 🇴 🇻 

•𝐓𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐒𝐔𝐑𝐄 𝐊𝐄𝐈𝐒𝐇𝐀 𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐋𝐀𝐍𝐃•