Chapter 9

The sun was orange, the city was quiet . Bernard usually noticed this stuff. But not today. "He will be out there. I will take the entire team along. Tonight, the entire police force will be looking for him. "

Ambroise stood next to him, sipping his coffee. "I'll inform miss Romney. " he said. 

"No. She doesn't need to be there. We should keep her away from the scene. "

"We shouldn't,  actually. " Ambroise argued, laughing. "She seems smarter than the rest of the team. "

"She's not coming. Is there anything else you want to say?" 

"No, sir. " Ambroise said, still smiling. 

They sat under the red umbrella as Dianna hogged on and told Jesse everything. Felix wasn't up for the idea. He wasn't fond of Jesse and it could be seen. 

"You two need a vacation. " Jesse didn't want to know the details. He didn't want to throw up on Dianna's pretty summer dress. Dianna didn't look up. She ate and ate to forget, for a little while , that people were dying. 

Jesse and Felix. They would always be there for her. Unless, they'd get to know about Jake. They saw her exactly as she presented herself, and not as the monster she really was. She hoped they always would.

"You should go home. " Felix told her. 

"Yeah. " she said. But she wasn't going home. As the sun began to go down, she began to fidget more. She felt like the killer wanted her to find him, like Jake did. She remembered Jake's smile when he saw her while he was killing Haley Prescott.  

Tonight was the night. Her last shot before the killer went after Aurora. If he killed this girl in an alley, he would go after whoever Aurora was.  She had to find him. What really scared her was what she would do when she did.