Chapter 2

Bernard Moreau, officer incharge from The Direction Centrale de la Police judiciaire (DCPJ), stared at the body.

The girl, Clarise Petite, was murdered in a satanic ritual in the school auditorium. Her body was dragged all the way from the hallway.

Her friends stood there, not a tear in their eyes, whispering in each other's ears, coming up with stupid theories. Bernard felt like taking all of them down to the station.

He felt too much. It was his feelings that always got him in trouble . While on his last case, he punched the mayor in the face. He didn't need more trouble, so he looked away from the kids and walked away from their murmuring.

He tried to imagine what clarise would be like without the blood and the burns and with some clothes on. She would've been smart, beautiful, lively, popular among the boys, envied by the girls. And now she was dead, her body lying naked.

" I don't see why anybody would do this to her." Said a dwarfish lady who happened to be the head mistress. "She was liked by all."

"Liked by the wrong people." Said bernard, lighting his wooden cigar. He looked around for Ambroise Dubois, his assisting officer. Ambroise looked , well, just dumb. Stupid. Confused.

"Lieutenant?" Bernard eyed him. He turned, focusing on the alter on which the body was lying. Five perfectly symmetrical points. Her blood was collected in a vase. Where had he seen all of this before?

"This is Deja vu. I have been here before." He said, scratching his head. Benard rolled his eyes. He didn't have time for Ambroise's messed up memory. And then, Ambroise saw the message on Clarise's arm. Her arm was cut to read a senseless message.

'The journey back home'

"Yes! It's from that play my wife took me to. Dianna Romney. She's American. This entire crime scene is a replica of the play."

Ambroise's excitement exceeded Bernard's patience. "It could've been a coincidence. " he said flatly.

"Sir, the message on her arm is from the play. The exact words. That cannot be a coincidence."

"Are you positive , lieutenant, that it is from the play?"

"Never been this sure." He said, proudly.

"Then, Let's go pay miss Romney a visit." Said Bernard, throwing away ashes from his cigar.