Part 1 - Welcome to a merit-based world

Surprisingly enough , I didn't get moved by Mashima into the teacher's lounge. Maybe the pattern is less about the end of each string of videos , but more about if some shocking information was just dropped on us. The screen lit up with us being shown a sentence in white enlargened text.

Part 1 - Welcome to a merit-based world

Huh. From the order of the videos so far and the name of that title , the chronology of these videos is warped. The school didn't start publicly classifying us by merit until May 1st , which still has a good amount of time till we reach that date.

The morning bell for the first school day of May rang. Soon after, Chiyabashira-sensei walked in, holding a poster rolled into a tube. Her face is always grim and serious. Are you in menopause? If I made that joke, I think an iron bat would come full swing at my face.

Chabashira scoffed at my tasteless remark while Ike was looking at me shell-shocked by the fact we thought of the same thing. I guess even I can relate to the likes of Ike sometimes despite our different personalities , friend groups and backgrounds.

"Sensei~, are you in menopause?"

Ike really asked that out loud. However, I'm shocked that we were thinking the same thing.

"Alright, morning homeroom is starting. Are there any questions before we start? If there's something on your mind, feel free to speak up."

Chiyabashira-sensei completely ignored Ike and continued to talk. She talked as if she was completely convinced that the students had something to ask. Immediately, several people raised their hands.

"Um, I checked my point balance this morning, and no points were deposited. Weren't they supposed to be provided on the first day of the month, every month? I was impatient because I couldn't buy the juice I wanted."

Just at the words 'point balance' , many students from class D's faces filled with dread realizing at what this video was going to be about. Who could blame them honestly? They were probably about to be utterly ridiculed by Ryuuen and the such cause of the sheer amount of absences and tardinesses. Not to mention the fact they're about to hear Chabishara completely demolish every single ounce of confidence they've ever had.

"Hondou, I explained it before, didn't I? Points are wired to student's accounts on the first day of the month, every month. They were wired without any problems this month as well."

After a couple seconds , you could see the glisten in Ryuuen's eyes when he realized what this video was gonna be about. He looked at me dead in the eyes with that trademark nasty smirk of his. I'm sure if Horikita looked at him , she'd probably recoil in disgust. Surprisingly enough though , he didn't say anything. Was he waiting for the realization to sink in for everyone so that our class would slowly get more anxious or something? What a crude man , strategizing even when the demise is assured just so he can get a bit more satisfation. But I guess that is who Ryuuen is , at the end of the day.

"Uh, but... I didn't get any points."

Hondou and Yamauchi exchanged looks. Ike was too surprised to notice their looks. Certainly, I went to check my points this morning too, but my point balanced hadn't changed from yesterday.

So I thought they would've been deposited later.

I felt someone's eyes piercing at me. Looking closer , I see Sakayanagi giving me a dirty look. At this point , with all the hints that have been dropped at my face , I'm almost certain that she knows about the White Room. She keeps giving me clues where she's basically saying 'we both know you're better than that' , so she either knows about that place or her father told her about my strengths. I realized that I've been staring for too long , and reput my focus on the big screen in front of me.