Intro - The students of Class D

While escorting me , Mashima decided to start some small talk.

"Ayanokoji , it might be crude of me to ask , but do your parents treat you well? As one of your supervisors , your mental health is as important as mine is , to me."

I wasn't expecting him to ask so directly , but it wasn't totally unexpected. Because of his professional and serious nature , it's not that surprising that he sometimes lets his guard down and shows that he's worried.

"It's nothing of the sort , Mashima-sensei. My father is very careful when it comes to my health , I don't even remember ever being sick. It's just that he's compassionate towards my security and my well-being."

After a short pause , Mashima followed up with a small "I see." and we were then silent during the entire way there.

When we got to the teacher's lounge , he excused himself then left me be. The only difference this time , was that there wasn't anyone in here. I observed my surroundings and then decided to sit.

I closed my eyes and relaxed a bit. Everyone finding out about me is pretty exhausting , if I'm being honest. To let everyone invade something as private as your thoughts is not a very comforting feeling to say the least.

As the time passed , I realized how much and how little I've changed at the same time. Sure , my expressions and manners haven't changed that much , but when was the last time I felt discomfort? Even in an environment such as the White Room , besides my younger days , I haven't really shown any emotions. Does it have to do with me being put in a different space that I'm used to so rapidly? I'm not sure.

In the past hour , I've just been sitting here not doing anything. No one's came in , so I haven't really had anything to do. Did Mashima just abandon me here? I check my phone , and there's only a few minutes till the hour's passed. Just as I put my phone in my pocket , I hear the sound of the doorknob rattling. As I raise my eyes , I see Chabashira come in.

"Ayanokoji , walk with me for a minute. I'll be the one to bring you to the theatre."

"Sure , Chabashira."

She sighs.

"Is it that hard to add a respectful suffix to my name?"

"Ironically enough , I can't really say that your acts lately are very teacher-like."

"Well you're not wrong. Now , get up and walk with me."

As I finally stand up , she starts walking slowly until I catch up to her as we adjust a similar pace to one another. I glance at her face , and by the look in her eyes , she seems to be elsewhere.

"Ayanokoji , can I interest you in some small talk before we reach the theatre?"

She says it's small talk , but from what I'm seeing , it's more than that. She looks like she's itching to confess some horrible sin she's committed. I simply nod my head at her request , and all the words pour out of her mouth so fluidly.

"I'd like to apologize for what I've done related to your father. From the few videos we've seen , I've noticed that you haven't had the best family life , and my ideals led me to blindly and selfishly follow a dead dream I've had because of your test results. I have no right to feign ignorance at your strict life , and even though I haven't seen that much , I feel as if you are hiding much more. But then again , I also have no right to dig into your private life , so I'll refrain from saying more."

At Chabashira's apology , I'm not sure what I was supposed to say. Honestly speaking , I couldn't care less about her remorse or her dreams. But what I do care about is her selfishness lit a spark in Horikita's eyes , that I'm some prodigy , making my life very bothersome.