~Tension~

Wc: 2113

Comment any ideas/concerns here. I'm always open to ideas that could further in the plot. If you want to text me privately, text me on here, or add my Discord:
yyqnderi

Have a good day/afternoon/night!

It has been a decent few months. Veneer encouraged me to not work, and wait until I felt better to start looking for this guy. I agreed, but that came with its own disadvantages. Veneer insisted that I stayed with him because I didn't live with anyone to take care of me.

Right now, I was sitting on their couch watching TV. Veneer had a solo singing thing to do at a studio. This left me alone with Velvet. Crimp made all of their schedules opposite of watchtower. Meaning someone would always be at home with me. She tried to make sure it was always Veneer- but alas, that's impossible.

Velvet had picked the show, and we were both sitting in silence watching it. I have no idea where Orchid was. Maybe I should ask. I mean she did care enough to run into the hospital room.

"Where's your dog?" I sucked on my teeth. That sounded mean as fuck. Well- I meant it to sound mean. I still haven't forgiven her. Fucking asshole.

"Hm? Oh.. she uh. She blew up after watching the news." I raised an eyebrow, pausing the tv. It stung a bit, but it was okay. I looked over at her. The news? What was so bad about the news? I thought for a moment before the memory from the hospital came flashing back.

I was limping around the room. The doctors encouraged me to try and walk with the cast. Of course, they gave me crutches. But I've never used them before so I wasn't exactly proficient at using them yet. Huffing, I wobbled my way over to the much more comfortable hospital bed. Veneer was beside my bed, laughing at me struggling.

Once I got up on the bed, I huffed out in displeasure. I used the buttons that were given to me to change the Channel. They were much easier to press than the old remotes. It was necessary- as my hands still had stitches running through them like veins.

It popped up on the news- where Payne's face popped up. I've never been intrigued or have any reason to watch the news. But with recent events I was almost falling out of my seat.

"A fellow citizen with the name 'Payne Donovan' turned himself in to the local police department earlier this morning. He claims he attempted to assassinate famous pop star, Velvet Irvine, brother of Veneer Irvine."

I was at a loss for words. The room was silent. Me and Veneer looked at each other with a knowing look. While Velvet was kept in the dark. I expected her to be scared. Or maybe even a hint of distress across her face. But instead she just looked disappointed. It.. it was kind of unnerving.

I nodded in acknowledgment finally. It would make sense, Orchid follows anyone that she knows will care for her. I guess she got over Velvet. Or, maybe she just wanted drugs. Whatever the case is, she's out of the house.

"So are you two still dating?" She finally looked back over at me. Her expression was a soft one. Something I haven't seen on her. Her hair framed her face in the perfect way, and her pajama pants brought a light to her whole figure. She wore a tight tank top that hugged her stomach, showing the naturally small pudge that poked out when she slouched.

"No. I've.. heard some recent news. And it made me realize that as much as I love orchid- she's not good for me." Her voice was soft. I'm glad she's come to a realization. Before I started staring at her, I unpaused the TV again. Going back to being engrossed in the romantic scene on the screen.