~Repetition~

Wc: 2097

Warning for this chapter: describing a panic attack, describing fighting.

Comment any ideas/concerns here. I'm always open to ideas that could further in the plot. If you want to text me privately, text me on here, or add my Discord:
yyqnderi

Have a good day/afternoon/night!

Clearing my throat, I sat in my office. It had been a month since the objective was completed. Veneer told me when the opportunity came up- I would be the first to know about the new plan. It's been calm- after that messy week everything started to work out for me.

Velvet found out about the plan- and she was beyond pissed at first. But as a few days passed- she slowly stopped ignoring her brother. And she never treated me badly after finding out, oddly enough. In her words, I was "Being obedient". I didn't care what she called it, as long as I was out of the problem.

I now sat, in front of a computer. I was given Velvets old office. She never used it to do work. Well, at least that's what Veneer said. Velvet didn't have a problem handing it over- and all the objects that were in it along with. I got a comfortable office chair, a great desktop computer, and my own AC unit. I could control the temperature throughout the room and it not affect any other part of the building. Life was actually going kind of slow.

Wiping the tiredness from my eyes, I rolled back slightly in my chair. Right as I was about to go back to work, Veneer slammed open my office door. I almost fell out of my seat, but I quickly got a good grasp on the table in front of me. "What? Is everything okay?" Veneer was panting hard, and all he could do through his labored breaths was point behind him.

I raised en eyebrow, but got up to go see what had him shooken up. I didn't hear anyone in the office building, and if even seemed like a more quiet day then anything. "Veneer, I don-"

BANG. CRASH. BOOM.

A loud series of noises came from below us. A long way below us- it meant it had to be coming from the first floor. I wasted no time in going to go see what the noises were. I ran up to the nearest Elevator, it was occupied. Groaning, I ran towards the emergency stairs. The most important part of being an assistant- wasn't keeping up with the twin's schedule- or anything of that matter. In fact- it was something that they could if hired someone for. Veneer said he didn't trust anyone but me to do this.

I think it's stupid, considering I'm kind of a wuss. But I digress- I was given a 3 dollar raise in pay to also be their bodyguard. And that kind of money doesn't lie- I took it up without thinking.

Again- we're strafing away from the topic. Being their bodyguard also meant that it was my job to keep them safe. So that leads me to now, where I'm frantically running down the stairs. Veneer was running closely behind me, almost gasping for air. I guess he doesn't run often. Eventually, after making it down what felt like the thousands of flights of stairs- we were to the first floor.

I was greeted by the sight of Velvet desperately fighting off what looked like a wet purple mop. "What the-?"

Velvet looked at me, gasping in relief. "Will you help me!? Don't just stand there and look stupid!"

I nodded, running over. I wrapped my arms around whoever this person was. I desperately pulled against their body. My feet were sliding all over the place from the muddy water that was pooling around all of us. "Let go of me!" The person turned around to scream at me.

It was orchid.

She looked terrible. She had dark circles under her eyes and I could feel how skinny she had grown. Her hair was much longer now- but it was growing thin. Something was wrong with her. "Hey, calm down. I'm not going to hurt you!" I tried to reason with her. She attempted to punch and scratch me- which worked sadly. I pushed myself off against the floor, sending us both to the center of the room. I just needed her away from Velvet.