~Within Itself~

Wc: 2011

Comment any ideas/concerns here. I'm always open to ideas that could further in the plot. If you want to text me privately, text me on here, or add my Discord:
yyqnderi

Have a good day/afternoon/night!

"Why would I ever pick you?"

..what.

My heart felt like it shattered right there. Is she delusional? I didn't say anything- I couldn't. Orchid gave me a smug look, leaning into my ear as she whispered. I could smell her perfume, it was oddly sweet. I hated to admit it but she smelt fairly nice.

"You lost pumpkin."

I pushed her off as gently as I could, nodding. "I am aware." Turning on my heels, I left the cereal on the counter. I had to go home- and now. My office still needs a good cleaning. I never finished it from the last time I attempted to tidy it up. As I rounded the corner, I bumped into something.

I caught myself on the wall, rubbing my nose to ease the pain. Glancing up at what hit me, I was met with Veneer. He was livid. I took a step back, confused on why he was mad. Did I do something wrong? He was fuming, I could practically imagine smoke coming out of his ears. He was shaking and he looked at me with what felt like a thousand burning stars.

"Ven-" he cut me off.

"Did Velvet seriously pick Orchid over you?" Oh. Everything started to fall into place. He wasn't mad at me. He had been listening in on everything that was going on in the kitchen. Before I could answer, he grabbed me by my arm.

Stomping through the house, he dragged me towards the front door. His feet padded against the ground with such force I thought he would break the tiles. To get to the door leading outside, we had to walk through the kitchen. Passing the two women who were whispering amongst each other, they both looked shocked to see me and Veneer.

"Venny?" Velvet began to talk. Leaning down to whisper, he looked at me in the eye. "The keys are hanging up on the wall. Go outside." I nodded, confused.

Walking away, I was able to hear Veneer began to berate his sister. "ARE YOU STUPID?!" I smiled, feeling proud that I had Veneer on my side. It didn't take me long to get the keys and head outside.

As I did, the cool morning air felt like heaven in my lungs. The house was clouded with aggravation and emotions. It was clean air outside. I wonder what's going on inside.

(veneer's pov)

I waited for [Name] to leave. Well, at least I was going to. Just looking and Orchid and Velvet together made my blood boil. "Are you stupid?!" I screamed.

Both of them recoiled. I took a step towards them, fighting the urge to drag Orchid out of the house. "That girl has done nothing but work her ass off for us, and this is how you repay her? She obviously cares about you! Why are you doing this?"

My sister blinked, looking at Orchid and then back at me. "Yeah, cares. She doesn't love me. That's why I was confused at why I would pick her!"

Running my hands down my face, I groaned. There's no way she's this stupid. "Vel.. seriously, what the fuck do you mean? She was obsessed with you when she worked at the bar! What makes you think that changed?"

She didn't say anything. All she did was shrug. Orchid looked hurt- and more angry than that. I can deal with her later. "Look. I'm most definitely not supposed to be telling you this. But [Name] loves you, Velvet. She definitely expected you to choose her. And you just.." I had no words. That was the most stupid thing Velvet could have done in that situation.