his way of love

" To my room?"
" You're sleeping here from now on, sweetheart."

His voice was more demanding. He took her to his bed and sat beside her.

" Now I think that we never went on a honeymoon."

Sita looked at Veer surprisingly. She didn't say anything, and neither Veer expected an answer from her.

" I don't want you to get involved in my dark world, so it won't be Italy or Russia. But I have got a farmhouse in Rajasthan. It was my mother's, my dad gifted her that house when I was in her womb."
" I... never saw them. Once Dadi said that they were the perfect couple ever."
" You wanna see them?"

Sita nodded cutely. Veer opened a drawer near his bed and took out a framed photo. Then, he showed it to Sita. Sita took the photo from his hand and looked at them very closely.

" Why did you put it inside the drawer?"
" Looking at them made me... sad always."
" They look so good together. "
"Yeah, they were so lovely. I still remember when I was little, and Dad used to give both of us gifts. And they never argued. They understand each other... that's why maybe they died together!"

Sita realized that Veer's voice was getting heavier. She put that photo down and held his hand.

" You don't need to say more. You look tired, let's sleep."

Sita was about to turn the lights off, but Veer pulled her into his embrace. She could feel his fast heartbeat. Veer had a lot to say, but his mouth was sealed by some unknown magic.

" Tomorrow, you're going with me to my office. "
" Wh... okay."

Veer chuckled. Then he slowly brushed her curls with his fingers. Then they lay down on the bed. Veer hugged her tightly so that he could sleep peacefully while knowing his family was with him.

~~\\~~

Sita wore a beautiful yellow saree and some pieces of jewellery. She had the ordinary look, which she put on always, but she still stole the spotlight.

Veer was wearing a formal black and white suit.

They entered his office. Everyone stood up when they saw Veer and Sita. Veer stopped in front of them.

" I'd like to introduce my wife Mrs. Sita Chauhan to y'all. Remember to give her the same respect you always gave me. And don't you dare to look at her with lust. Otherwise, you know me well!"

Everyone looked at each other with fear in their eyes. Then they looked at them again.

" Good morning, sir, and ma'am."

Sita smiled at them politely, and then Veer took her inside his cabin.

" As it's your leave day, you can spend your time here with me."
" Fine. Did you decide anything about Anika's matter?"
" I'll talk openly with Akshay. I know him well."

Sita didn't say anything. Her eyes were roaming around the cabin room. Veer was doing some work on his laptop, and in the middle of his work, his eyes were on Sita. He couldn't help but keep staring at her beauty until someone knocked on his door.

" Come in." Veer got himself together.

A woman in her 30s came in with a blue file. Sita had no interest in it. She was staring at those paintings on the wall.

" The file you asked for." The woman said after giving him the file.
" Did you contact Mr. Gupta yet?"
" I called him multiple times, but he didn't pick up the call."
" Damn it! He's getting on my nerves! He's asking me to show him his real place!"

Sita looked at Veer, who seemed pretty annoyed by Mr. Gupta. Then another knock on the door.

" Come in."

A man in his 50s walked inside with a weird smile on his lips. Veer stood up as soon as he saw him. It was Varun's father.

" Uncle?"
" Veer beta! I've missed you so thought about visiting you."
" Cut the craps uncle, what do you need?"

He laughed, and then his eyes went to Sita.

" Is that your wife? What was her name again? Sita?"

Sita gave him a small smile and did pranam by touching his feet. Veer was pissed about it, but he knew Sita did not fault it.

" She knows our culture, good, good!"

He intentionally put his hand on her shoulder and kinda squeezed them. Veer came in front of them and pulled Sita near him after getting his intentions.

" Veer beta, what's this? Are you being protective over her?"
" Isn't that normal?"
" Oh come on, I know you well, Veer. It's just infatuation, my dear. You'll get over it soon."
" If you've nothing to say, leave. I'm working."

That man looked at Sita one more time before leaving.

" Will you be able to protect her, always? You probably know what happened to Devi Sita in Ramayan!"

He left after saying this. Sita's blood became cold. She looked at Veer, who was looking pretty angry.

" That old hag!! Mrs. Sharma, tell Akshay we are going to Mr. Gupta's house right now!"

Sita knew what he was planning to do. He was about to show his anger at Mr. Gupta. But she was scared to speak in front of Veer.

" Sita, you stay with Anika. I'll be back soon."

He left. Sita sighed and looked at Mrs. Sharma.

" Do you want some water?" Mrs. Sharma asked.
" He's sometimes too scary to look at him."
" But he still talked to you calmly, I've been working here for almost 8 years. He never looked at any girl or spoke like that to any girl like he did to you. He loves you a lot..."

Sita blushed. Then she bowed at her and left his office. Then she went to downstairs at the room where Anika was staying.

" Annu, we will go to the gynaecologist now."
" Oh, okay... by the way, did you see the news about Gaurav?"
" Gaurav?"
"Yeah, he was found dead in his house. They said it was a suicide. "

Sita's heartbeat nearly stopped. She tried to tell herself it was a suicide only. Veer's hand is clear on it.

" When did he die?"
" After the night, you sang in the function of Navratri. "

Thank you for reading. If you liked this chapter, don't forget to vote and comment.

See you in the next chapter....