Chapter - 12

His words were like daggers to my heart. I felt tears threatening to spill. Feeling humiliated and defeated, I stepped back, giving him the space he clearly wanted.

"It's the responsibility of the wedding planner and the team to ensure the safety of the venue."

I could sense anger bubbling within him, and he turned to face me, his words laced with accusation. "Isn't that your job, Rhea? To ensure that everything is in place and secure? How could such a mistake happen under your watch?"

"What kind of unprofessional team do you have?" he lashed out, his voice dripping with contempt. "You can't even ensure the safety of your clients. This is unacceptable!"

His words stung, and I tried to step in to explain, "Arjun, I'm so sorry. It was a mistake, and we take full responsibility-"

"Clearly, you can't handle the responsibility" he interrupted me, his tone condescending, "you've proven to be nothing but a disappointment."

Tania, sensing the tension, tried to intervene. "Arjun, it was an accident. Let's not blame Rhea and her team for something that wasn't entirely their fault."

But Arjun wasn't ready to listen. "Accident or not, Tania, the responsibility lies with her and her team," he snapped back, his frustration evident in his voice.

I took a deep breath, trying to find the right words to defuse the situation. "Arjun, I understand your concern, and I assure you we will do everything in our power to rectify this."

However, my attempt at reconciliation only seemed to fuel his anger. "I don't want your assurances, Rhea. I want results," he retorted, dismissing my efforts.

Arjun's face turned red with anger, and he berated my team for their carelessness. His words were sharp and biting, and he didn't hold back his frustration.

The words cut deep, and I felt a lump forming in my throat. I had worked tirelessly to ensure the wedding planning went smoothly, and now it seemed like all my efforts were in vain.

His words stung, and I felt my own frustration rising. "We take full responsibility for what happened. But yelling at us won't solve anything."

My tear threatened to fall but I refused let them fall now was not the right time or place.
My Humiliated eyes met his and
Arjun's face hardened, and he turned to his sister. "Tania, I think it's best if we cancel the photoshoot. I don't want to take any more risks."

Tania, torn between her Arjun's fury and the understanding that it was an accident, followed him, shooting an apologetic look at me.

As Arjun began to leave the venue, I mustered the courage to speak up one last time. "Arjun, I understand your anger, but there's no need to cancel the photo shoot ."

He paused for a moment, his eyes cold and distant. "Maybe you're right," he replied dismissively. "But at this point, I don't care. I need someone more professional and reliable to handle my sister's wedding."

Brown eyes met mine and his tone condescending, "Clearly, you can't"

With that final blow, Arjun left the venue, leaving me feeling shattered and defeated.

The words felt like a punch to the gut, but I refused to let my emotions get the better of me. I took a deep breath, trying to maintain my composure.

As I tried to hold back my tears, my boss called me on the phone, and I could sense her concern in her voice.

"Rhea, I just got a call from Arjun. He's asking for someone else to take over the wedding planning," she said, her tone apologetic. "I know you worked hard on this, but it seems like he's made up his mind."

My heart sank even further, realizing that Arjun's anger had cost me not only the trust of a client but also an opportunity to showcase my skills. I took a deep breath, trying to maintain my professionalism, despite the pain I felt.

"I understand," I replied, my voice wavering slightly. "I'll make sure the transition is smooth and that my senior, Virti, takes over seamlessly."