Chapter 11

Sumit noticed his abrupt departure and followed him, concerned about his sudden change in demeanor. I felt a pang of worry in my chest, unsure of what had caused such a drastic shift in his mood.

I decided to give them some space, allowing them to sort out whatever issue had arisen. Instead, I turned my attention back to the photoshoot, making sure everything continued smoothly.

Tania and Viraj were dressed in regal attire and stood on a raised platform, adorned with grandiose props to enhance the regal ambiance. The photographer instructed them to pose in various stances, capturing the essence of royalty.

Tania posed, looking elegant and radiant, My eyes widened as I saw a prop precariously tilting, ready to fall.

My instincts kicked in, and I quickly moved towards Tania to adjust it. However, just as I was about to reach the prop, it began to tilt dangerously. Before I could react, it came crashing down towards Tania.

In that split second, panic gripped me, and I knew I had to act fast to save her. Without a second thought, I rushed toward her, shouting her name. "Tania!"

She turned, confusion in her eyes, just as I pushed her aside. The prop, now free-falling, was on a collision course with me. I braced for impact, the world slowing down in those heart-stopping seconds.

My heart raced as I braced for the impact, but instead, I felt strong arms enveloping me, pulling me away from the falling prop just in time. He shielded me with his own body, taking the brunt of the impact, while I felt his strong arms protectively enveloping me.

As the dust settled and the commotion subsided, I found myself in Arjun's arms, our closeness registering in the midst of the chaos. My heart pounded with a mix of relief and gratitude for the unexpected rescue.

He gently set me down, and I stumbled for a moment, catching my breath. "Are you okay, Rhea?" he asked, his voice filled with concern.

"Yes, I'm fine," I managed to reply, still reeling from the adrenaline rush.

Arjun hustled over to check on Tania while Viraj was doing the supportive boyfriend thing.

Tania, still shaken by the close call, came and hugged me tightly, tears brimming in her eyes. "Oh my goodness, Rhea! Are you alright? Thank God, Arjun was there on time!"

I smiled reassuringly, holding back my own emotions. "It's okay, Tania. We're both fine. Let's just be more cautious moving forward."

Arjun seemed to be lost in thought.
Arjun's demeanor had shifted from concern to anger as he surveyed the scene. "This should have never happened.

"Wasn't your team responsible for securing this place?" he demanded, his tone accusatory.

"This could have been a disaster. What if Tania had been seriously injured?"                                     
His voice, once warm, now echoed with irritation. His eyes, which had held mine so protectively, blazed with anger.

I tried to respond, my mind scrambling for words. "Arjun, I—"

"Don't," he snapped, his tone cutting through the air. The abrupt shift startled me, his accusations like unexpected daggers.

His gaze, once a mix of panic and concern, shifted to one of anger. Something clicked in his eyes, and the protective barrier that had momentarily enveloped us turned into a storm of accusation. The air seemed charged with tension, his expression hardening

"This is unacceptable!!! I trusted you all to ensure everything was perfect and yet, something like this happened." My team exchanged uneasy glances. Arjun's frustration was palpable, and his anger was a bitter twist in the unexpected turn of events.

Feeling the weight of his blame, I tried to defend my team, "We've made sure that everything was secured but Accidents can happen and I apologies for this mishap, but I promise to rectify the situation immediately."

But Arjun's anger seemed to know no bounds, and he continued to berate us.

He holds me by arm painfully, I whimper in pain, it was the injured hand of mine, his eyes ablaze with fury. "Promises aren't enough, Rhea. This is my family's life, and I won't tolerate any negligence."

He pointed accusingly at me, "This was your team's mistake! If anything had happened to my sister, it would have been on you!"

I snatched my arms from his painful grip. My heart sank, hurt by his harsh words. I had put my heart and soul into making this project a success, but in that moment, it felt like all my efforts were in vain.

Sid my team member tried to interject, but Arjun wasn't done yet.

"Why did I even hire you and your team?" he scoffed, his eyes cold with disdain. "You clearly can't handle the responsibility. I should have gone with a more professional and competent planner from the start."