Chapter 1

I do not own the photo up top. The photographer is given credit for the image you just saw. You can imagine him as Ru.

Ruhan Singhania

"To Ru's success" mommy cheered. "To Ru's success" aunt Geeta clinked the glass with mommy and everyone. Just the grumpy asshole was not happy with my success. I become the CEO of Singhania industries and Danish was not even looking at me. It hurts seeing Danish ignoring me. We were friends. I love him, but the thing he said about me when we were 16 still rings in my ear. It haunts me. I hate him for that. I hate him so much that it makes me cry sometimes.

"Ru, baby why are you not eating?" Daddy asked. "Oh. Sorry" I laughed and started eating the food which my mommy prepared for me. "It's delicious mommy" I moaned. "Thank you little muffin" she send me a flying kiss and as usual I caught it.

I love it when mommy calls me little muffin. I am lucky to have a family that cares about me and loves me for me. I hate people who hide themselves. I hate people when they fake themselves. I hate people when they talk to me just because my dad is rich. But I love to help people in need. Mommy once told me when I was 5 that "Be kind to others, others will be kind to you" and that's what I am following.

"So Ru it's your first day as a CEO tomorrow, how are you feeling?" uncle Daksh asked. Uncle Daksh is my favourite. He is just like me, bubbly. "Uncle Ducky tomorrow is Sunday" I beamed. "Yeah that's right. I totally forgot about that. So what are you going to do? You can come with us" he suggested. "I am sorry uncle ducky but I can't. Tomorrow I am meeting Neil after a month and I miss my buddy" I pouted.

"Aww my sweet cheek its fine. We can meet later" he smiled. We were done eating our dinner. Mommy asked me to show Danish my new piano. I know why he said that. He knows that I hate Danish but doesn't know the reason. If I tell the reason to mommy and daddy they will be upset. Daddy might bury him under 6 feet.

As I walked in the room where the piano was kept, "I know you are not interested" I said softly. He hummed. "Why do you hate me?" I sat on the seat which was in front of the piano. "That's none of your business" his voice stern as always. "Fine. I don't know what I did that made you hate me but I just want say 'The feelings are mutual' " I quoted.

I could see his lips curling in a smile but it was just for slight moment. Damn I missed his beautiful smile. I have only seen him smile when we were kids. After that when he was fifteen he just locked himself off. He stopped talking to me. He started hating me. I tried hard to know why he was upset but after that one unfaithful day I heard him and then I started ignoring him.

But I can't ignore him forever. Our families are close and I don't want them to ignore each other because of their stubborn kids. "We should leave" I started walking downstairs. He was following me behind.

I hate it that I can't control my feelings. I hate it that I can't hate him. I know I love him and that I shouldn't. I started liking him when we were 11. I didn't how but he took care of me. He smiled when he was with me. He was happy and I hate myself for not trying hard to find out what happened which made him lock himself.

"Dad we should leave" Danish spoke second time snice been here. I and Danish are of same age but he is taller. Might be 6'2, he is well built you could literally see his muscles through that white shirt. Gosh how I can someone be so hot. Ru stop drooling.

"Yeah" uncle Daksh said. "You could stay a night" mommy suggested. "No Mehul we can't. Danish is going to drop us at our home and then he is going to go at his penthouse. I asked him to stay with us but he just doesn't agree" aunt Geeta sighed. "You are right. Ru started living with Neil and barely visits his mommy" mommy pouted.

I kissed mommy's cheek. "Aww mommy I am sorry. I will visit more often" I said. He hugged me. "Okay bye Ru, Naman and Mehul" uncle Daksh and aunt Geeta said. "Bye uncle ducky and aunt Geeta" I waved.