6

I got a ton of feedback on Sold so thank you for that! A lot of it was awesome and really helpful so keep it coming. You will all be happy to know that I toned down the religious aspect a lot in my rewrite. It's still there because it wouldn't be Anna without religion, but it's much easier to stomach. Hopefully some wonderful agent will fall in love with it and help me get it published!

Those of you that follow me on Instagram know that my birthday is tomorrow and I've been drinking wine. So here's an update!

I wandered the castle in search of Liam, but came up empty handed. I was restless. I had never felt uncomfortable in my own skin, but it seemed to grow worse everyday. I was not a fan of what I was becoming, but I couldn't stop it either.

I knocked on Liam's office door and pushed it open. He sat behind his desk with his face buried in paperwork. He glanced up at me for a moment then back to the papers.

"I was just thinking about you," he commented.

"Oh yeah?"

"Yes. The night Azrael broke things off with you, what exactly did he say?"

I scowled at his question. "What does it matter?"

"This thing with the council is deep. I think he might be protecting you."

I rolled my eyes. "I don't think so."

"I'm being serious, Anna. There's something he's not telling you."

I scoffed. "Isn't that kind of the pattern of my relationship? Azrael does whatever he wants and there's usually not a great reason behind it. Whatever he has going on, trust me, you don't want to be involved."

"I don't know. It doesn't seem right. What did he say when he broke up with you?"

"We're really doing this?"

"It's important."

A frustrated sigh escaped my lips. "Something about finding a human girl. He said he was sorry and that he thought he could wait until he loved me, but it wasn't happening."

Liam shook his head absently. "Can you get him here?"

"I don't want him here," I ground out.

"I know, but he knows more than either of us."

"You heard him. He won't get involved."

"He will if you ask him to."

I crossed my arms. "You're insane if you think he'll do anything for me."

"Can you get him here or not?"

"I wouldn't even know how."

"Well, you could always use the mark."

"If I use it, someone dies."

"You could kill yourself."

My cynical laugh filled the room. "Trying to kill me off already?"

He rolled his eyes. "I'll stop it before you actually die. It's just to get him here."

I shifted, uncomfortable with the thought of doing that. "I don't know. It feels wrong."

"I know, but how else are we going to get him here?"

I thought for a second. "Would Donny or Richard know how to reach him?"

"Let's find out."

He dialed a number and left the speaker phone on. I wasn't surprised that within seconds Donny's voice fell over the line.