1

Here we go!

I sat in the foyer waiting on Liam to come downstairs. I couldn't wait to get back to Germany and have this insanity end. Still, I wasn't sure of what we were walking into. Liam felt it was best to confront the council in person, but I was skeptical. He knew who was behind my attack and who went to Azrael for help, but he was going to give them the opportunity to confess. I didn't think it was wise. There were so many things that could go wrong. Death being the obvious thing. I didn't want to die especially knowing I would have to see Azrael so soon.

It had only been a couple days, but it felt like a lifetime since I had seen him. I heard what Liam said about it getting better, but in those two days I certainly could not see the light at the end of the tunnel. I thought about Azrael every time I was alone. Thankfully, Liam tried to keep me occupied, but he was still busy.

"Ready?" He asked as he joined me at the foot of the stairs.

I nodded. I watched as Pierce joined us, slapping a hand on Liam's shoulder.

Liam turned around and the two hugged. When they broke away, Pierce smiled at me and quickly engulfed me in a bone crushing hug. I laughed lightly as he set me down.

"Take care of her for me," Pierce told Liam.

Liam laughed. "Yeah, sure. I think you're forgetting who her creator actually is."

"If he messes up again, I'm a phone call away," Pierce offered.

"Thanks, Pierce," I said with a smile. I lightly kissed his cheek and stepped away.

"Are you sure you're going to be alright?" Pierce asked Liam.

"If anything happens, I'll call you. I think it's going to be fine. I have Richard and Donny."

Pierce nodded in acceptance.

"You're sure you want to take Zeus?"

I laughed. "Yes. Bridget would be furious if I left him here."

"I suppose I'll just have to visit then," he said with a fake sigh.

"I suppose you will. You still owe me a date," I said.

He smiled at me. "I thought you'd never ask. When everything is settled I will come take you up on that offer."

I nodded with a light smile.

We said our final goodbyes and Liam and I made our way out to the car to start our journey home. Zeus trotted behind me and jumped into the back seat when I opened the door for him.

I slipped into the front seat and watched as Liam walked around the front.

As he got inside and started the car, I turned to pet Zeus again.

"Is Bridget going to meet us there?" I asked.

"Not yet. I'm waiting until after we find out what's going to happen."

I nodded.

"How are you feeling?" He asked.

I turned my attention to him. "I don't know. It's not getting any easier."

"I figured."

He reached over and grabbed my hand giving it a quick squeeze. "It'll get easier. I promise."

I half smiled at him. "I know."

I did know. I knew this wouldn't last forever. I doubted I would ever not love Azrael, but I suppose that's what happens with first loves. Liam was right. I had to experience this.