Order is Order

You packed your stuff and put on your uniform.
It's time. Hurry up.
Hiding your knife in your boot, you grabbed your bag and went outside. Though something was off.
What the-...?
It was dark, just a few lights were shining, which made it difficult to see anything. But your senses were alarmed.
Why? What did I notice?
Walking a few steps away from your building you felt like you were about to walk into something bad, so you turned around and walked back in.
Backdoor.
Walking through the building you took the other exit and therefore another route to your destination.
Your phone ringed, so you checked:
"Why the hell are you still home?!"
You sighed and messaged back:
"It wasn't safe, I'll take another route."
The reply right after was harsh but at least not too bad. Maybe you'd get a small punishment but that was okay.

A few minutes later you sensed the danger again.
What the fuck is going on?!
Looking around you could finally notice something - a shadow which disappeared immediately.
Come on.
You knew what to do: take your route and hide in the next alleyway to put him out.
Which was exactly what you did, though when his face was infront of you, you lowered the knife in your hand.
"Bucky?!", you asked surprised yet angry.
"You don't have to do this, please, listen to me", he pleaded but you ignored it.
"How the hell did you figure out where I live? And why do you know I am going out today?!"
"Y/n, put away that knife, would you?", he asked, his hands still demonstrating that he didn't mean any harm.
Sighing you hid the knife in your boot again and Bucky relaxed noticeably.
"I'm not here to hurt you", he started and your phone rang, cutting him off.
Not caring about him, you grabbed it and accepted. On the other end was your handler, yelling why you still weren't on your way and you tried to calm him down by saying you would make it up later. But he just got angrier, saying that today was important and that you were about to ruin it.
You swallowed and your breath quickened.
"I'm on my way, promise", you said and he hung up.
Fuck.
Bucky wanted to stop you but you just started a fight, using your knife without mercy. But he was good. Too good.
"Goddammit, just leave me alone!", you said strained in the middle of your fight.
"I won't let you go to them", he said while pinning you down. Struggling against him, you noticed that you had no chance.
"I don't want to die!", you yelled at him, your chest heaving.
"But you will when you continue working for them, goddamn, y/n!", he yelled back.
Your phone rang again and you knew: it was a very bad sign.
"Don't", Bucky said but you didn't care and looked at your phone.

When you woke up, you were lying in your bed. Looking at the clock you noticed that you were missing a lot of time.
Fuck...
Your body hurt, especially your abdomen. Groaning you got up and decided to make some tea and ready up a hot-water bottle to put on your belly.
As soon as you lay down on your couch, the tea on the table next to you, you checked your phone. A lot of missed calls from Bucky and a few messages were seen like:
"Y/n, please. You can get out."
"Let me help you."
"You know my story, you can do it too."
"Please, reply. Just a short message."
And the very last:
"I'm gonna help you now, whether you want it or not."
You sighed, put your phone away and lay your head back, hoping the headache would subside soon. Suddenly you heard a noise from your front door. Was someone trying to break in? Ignoring the pain, you stood up immediately and grabbed a knife to defend yourself if needed.
You heard the door opening and someone stepping in, though the steps seemed to go away again.
The kitchen?
Cautiously you opened the door and peeked out, confirming whoever walked in was indeed in the kitchen now. With light and inaudible steps you walked to your kitchen just to see Bucky standing there and putting away groceries.
"What the hell are you doing here?!", you yelled, lowering the knife.
"Good to see you awake. How bad is the pain?", he asked and handed you some painkillers which you grabbed and immediately took. "Seems like it's pretty bad."
"Yeah", you said and took a seat, "What happened?"
Bucky stopped for a few seconds before he continued with his task.
"I saw that your fridge is pretty empty so I decided to get some groceries."
"Bucky, why are you here and how did you get in?"
But Bucky remained silent until he finished and put away the empty bag.
When he faced you, he finally started talking: "I just tried to help."
"James, that's not what I asked. Tell me at least for how long you've been here in my apartment."
"For around... 10 minutes maybe."
You sighed, you weren't down for any games which Bucky knew, so he decided to tell the truth. "Last night. I couldn't..." He stopped and thought about how to continue with his explanation. "I just wanted to be sure you are safe."
"How much do you know?", you asked, knowing there was more behind his words. The message you read earlier showed that he at least must have tried to find you.
"Enough", Bucky said and you looked down.
"How. Much."
"I got you out", he said and you immediately looked him in the eyes.
"You... what? You... you did what?!"
"I couldn't let them hurt you! Do you know in which shape I found you?! It was horrible!"
"It's none of your business!", you yelled and Bucky scoffed.
"I don't care. I can't watch this for any longer. You won't go back anymore."
"Out."
"Fine. But let me tell you: you can't go back. I made sure of it. So either you stay safe or get killed. Your choice", he warned and left the apartment.
What...?
You ran to the door and called after Bucky: "Oi! What do you mean by that?"
Bucky stopped in his tracks, seemingly considering whether or not he should go back to you though instead he turned around and asked: "What's your choice?"
"Not how it works! You tell me what you meant right now!", you yelled.
"Here? I don't think so. If you know which path you want to go, message me", he said and ignored your other calls for him to wait and explain.
Sighing you closed the door and slid down the wall into a sitting position.
What the hell did he do...?