//6//

I take a deep, sharp breath as Oikawa walks up to me. His gaze is glued to the floor, an annoyed expression clearly showing on his face. Surely, he doesn't like how I have been waiting for him to pack his stuff so we could walk to the gym together. He even packed his bag extra slowly today, hoping I would leave without him.

And that bad mood of his will only get worse. He doesn't know it yet, but I have texted all the first- and second-years that practice is cancelled for today. Matsukawa and Hanamaki are both absent, and things are tense between me and Oikawa right now. I don't want to ruin the progress we made with our team yesterday and make them uncomfortable with us again.

I sigh as me and the brunet make our way to the gym. Oikawa is still avoiding me as much as possible. I need to talk to him, but he won't say a word to me. Cancelling practice without telling him is my best chance, no matter how mean it might be. After all, today is Friday, and I'm sure he won't message me at all this weekend. I need to solve things now, for the sakes of both of us.

Soft humming fills the air as we walk, giving away how nervous and uncomfortable Oikawa is right now. It stings, knowing that I am the reason behind everything he's feeling right now. He's a mess because of me.

I shouldn't have confessed like I did. Maybe I shouldn't have confessed at all, even. I didn't think anything through before talking to him behind those gyms. It doesn't matter that he told the other duo that he would want to know if I liked him. He probably didn't think it through, either.

Even if I was sure that he would never hate me, I... I was reckless. I didn't consider that I could hurt him. That there could be other consequences. Other feelings. The distance it could create between us.

The way he was looking at me as our lunch break ended confirmed it all. The expression he was wearing is stuck in my mind. A haunting image. I guess he couldn't hide it anymore, huh? The feelings of anger, of pain, of disgust, of sadness. All of that was very much directed at me.

Which means I have to talk to Oikawa right now. Before his feelings settle and he locks them away. Before the distance between us grows too big. Even if we can't make things go back the way they were, even if we can't fix this... I can't let it end like this. I want to know what he's thinking. I want to know what bothers him most. I want to know where I went wrong.

Is it because I, his best friend, the person he trusted the most in the world, confessed to him, despite knowing how much he hates it? I mean, he always ranted to me, after every single confession he got. I should know better than anyone not to do it. And yet, I did. I broke that trust.

As I am lost in thought, I fail to notice that we have arrived at our destination. I bump into the brunet as he stops walking.

"Where is everyone...?" Oikawa huffs as he scans his surroundings.

I shrug, hoping to get him inside before he finds out the truth. "It is very cold today. Maybe they went inside already? You did take your time after all."

Despite it being a stupid excuse, the other seems to buy it. He takes a deep breath, trying to calm himself down before entering the gym.

As soon as I can, I close the doors behind us and lock them. The noise instantly makes Oikawa turn around, alarmed.

"What are you doing?" For the first time since lunch break, Oikawa looks straight at me. His gaze is filled with annoyance and a little bit of fear. He is showing me nothing but hostility right now. And yet, my heart skips a beat.

"I cancelled practice," I admit nervously. "We need to talk."

His glare intensifies. "Huh? What do you mean? You cancelled practice without telling me?" He walks up to me and tries to push his way past me. "I don't want to talk to you! Let me through."