Warned You ~ Ch9

4 Years Ago

3rd Point Of View

Months passed after (Y/n) had eaten the life life fruit, somehow surviving through the first few hours. Her body felt uncomfortable all the time and this feeling only increased everytime she used her abilities- and yet somehow, she continued to survive. Not a lot was known about the life life fruit due to the fact that nobody has been able to survive longer than a few hours after eating the fruit. Many people believed that this was due to the fact that the fruit was the one that chose the eater and not the other way around.

After drifting onto an island a month after killing the sea dweller pirates, (Y/n) arrived at an island called Sivine Port, only really known for it's marine base and agricultural farms around the outskirts of the island. After spending so long living in the woods with Ace, Luffy and Sabo, (Y/n) decided to camp out in the forest until she could come up with a plan to find Ace again. She wasn't sure how log poses worked nor how maps could be nagivated. But all that she knew was that since her devil fruit hadn't killed her, she needed to see her family again before the marines came to execute her.

It was only a day into living in the forest that she realised her devil fruit also affected trees and plant which made it almost impossible to find food. If she were to pluck an apple off the tree, the apple would die along with the tree due to the fact that it was still connected with the earth. But if the apple had called off the tree on it's own, she'd be able to eat it. It took a few weeks to work out the logistics of her fruit and she realised how much better it was that she do this in the forest rather than a town or village where she'd be able to hurt a lot of people.

It was only a month after her arrival in Sivine Port that the marines became aware of her existence, news travelling to them on this child who was the user of the life life fruit. The marines at Sivine Post then made it their personal mission to spend every day hunting (Y/n) down, spending every day trying to capture her dead or alive. Many died during the process- most on accident, by random attacks that (Y/n)'s devil fruit released on pure survival instinct.

This caused multiple marine squadrons to be shipped to Sivine Port almost every week, groups of marines dying day by day during their mission to capture (Y/n). It was two months after her arrival that (Y/n) recieved her first bounty, 500 million berry- known as Death Bringer (Y/n). The next month, it doubled to 1 billion berry. The month after that, 1.5 billion and the month of that 2 billion. The girl's bounty increased steadily increased until it hit 2.5 billion berry- that was when a newly appointed navy admiral finally got involved. It was his involvement that began the worldwide stir.

"Please! You can't come any closer! You have to stand back!" (Y/n) yelled, tears running down her cheeks. It been months and yet they still never understood. The only way for them to survive was to stop attacking.
"You killed the vice admiral! You, Death Bringer (Y/n), must be executed- now more than ever!" A rear admiral yelled out towards her, a fleet of 200 navy men standing behind him.

"I didn't mean to! I fell asleep! He mistook me for a civillian and attempted to tap my shoulder-" (Y/n)'s explanation was cut off by the rear admiral.
"You killed him because he disturbed your sleep?!" The man yelled out incredulously, making (Y/n) cry out tiredly. She was exhausted- why did they not listen to her. She was trying her best to keep to herself so that she wouldn't kill anybody. All she wanted to do was say her goodbyes to Ace and Luffy and yet they chased her as if she purposely went around slaughtering marines.

"No! You don't understand!" (Y/n) cried, dropping to her knees. She was tired of running when they'd catch up to her anyway and then once they attacked her, her devil fruit would retaliate. "My devil fruit isn't something I can control!"
"Aim your guns, men!" The man hissed, making (Y/n) choke on her sobs.
"Please, don't! I can't do this anymore!" She begged, her voice cracking. "Stop! If you pull the trigger, I won't be able to stop it for hurting you!"

"Fingers on the trigger." The rear admiral hissed, glaring at (Y/n) as if to purposely go against her words. Her head dropped, her hair covering her eyes as she sobbed, her fingers digging into the soil.
"Please..." She whispered weakly.
"Fir-" Before he could finish his order, a wave of darkness surged through the forest, originating from (Y/n), rushing through the air and turning everything within a fifty metre radius into black flakey ash.

(Y/n) continued to sob, her eyes clenched shut as she felt her power rush through the air, killing everything around her. She head the guns clatter to the floor, some of them firing into the dirt.
"I warned you..." She whispered to herself, her cheeks wet and swollen. (Y/n) gave herself a few minutes to cry, knowing that soon she'd have to get up and find somewhere to hide before the next group of marines came looking for her.

Only three minutes into her sobs, she heard a set of footsteps coming from ahead. She gasped as she looked up. Surely they couldn't have found her that quickly- it's barely been minutes.
"Now, what do we have here?" A familiar voice asked, his tone dripping with amusement as he got closer to the crater of ash, (Y/n) needed at the centre. (Y/n)'s eyes widened when she saw his bright pink coat along with his signature red sunglasses. It was him...it was really him.

"...D-Doffy?"

(A.N ~ Doflamingo gives daddy 24/7.)

Chapter 10 Quote Teaser :

"So he's like me, right? He can help you control it?"