Unethical ~ Ch2

Five Years ago

3rd Point Of View

"Hey, Ace..." (Y/n) mumbled softly, her eyes locked on the sunset as she swung her feet back and forth. Her and Ace were currently sitting on the edge of a cliff that was facing the setting sun. Ace hummed in response, waiting for (Y/n) ask what it was she was curious about.
"Do you remember the day we made that oath to become a family?" She then asked softly, making Ace scoff.

"Of course I do- like any one of us would forget that!" Ace exclaimed with a grin.
"You said didn't want to be my brother...and I got so mad at you for it." (Y/n) whispered with a breathless giggle, suddenly feeling so nostalgic.
"Yeah, you ignored me for like three days straight!" Ace countered, making (Y/n) laugh louder. Her silent treatments always drove him crazy, even now.
"That's because you hurt my feelings!" (Y/n) defended with a laugh.

"I said I was sorry!" Ace countered with a laugh. (Y/n) rolled her eyes playfully.
"You apologised but you never actually told me why you didn't want to be my brother- actually, you still haven't." (Y/n) told him pointedly, making Ace blush profusely. He lowered his head down, just as he done that day, staring at his swinging legs without a word.
"If Sabo knew we were still arguing over this, he'd roll over in his grave." (Y/n) giggled, making Ace chuckle too.

"That day..." (Y/n) began, "You said that being siblings would rule out a lot of possibilities and back then, I had no idea what you meant by that." She admitted.
"And now?" Ace asked hesitantly, looking up at the girl through his long lashes. The man was clearly nervous, his leg bouncing up and down.
"Now, I think I get it." The girl admitted, making Ace's brow raise higher.
"Yeah?" He countered.

"Mhm, because looking back at it all now, I think I'd hate if we'd become siblings that day." (Y/n) admitted.
"Why?" Ace countered again, wanting to see if she was hinting what he had been for all these years. Surely not.
"Because...it would make a lot of the emotions that I feel now very unethical." (Y/n) told the man softly, making the boy grin widely down at his lap, trying to contain his happiness.

"That's a big word for someone as small as you." Ace teased, nudging (Y/n) with a smirk, making her scoff loudly.
"Small?! I'm fourteen!" She exclaimed, crossing her arms over her chest.
"And?" Ace asked, making (Y/n) glare, "I'm at least a head taller than you."
"That's because you're a whole year older than me! That's not fair!" (Y/n) argued.

"Don't argue with me, (Y/n). Don't you know that you should respect your elders?" Ace asked her with a loud dramatic huff of dissapointment, making (Y/n) scoff loudly as his words.
"You're not my captain, I don't need to respect you." (Y/n) retorted sassily, making Ace's jaw drop to the floor.
"W-well, I will be captain!" He argued, "And my crew will be so big that you'll be begging to be apart of it!"

"Impossible." (Y/n) replied, "I'm already part of Luffy's crew." This new fact made Ace choke
"You what?!" Ace exclaimed with shock.
"Yeah, he asked me to be his vice-captain last year. I said yes." (Y/n) replied casually with a smirk on her lips, knowing that she'd won the argument.
"What? But why?! What about me!?" Ace asked, his offence turning into sadness.

"Sorry, Ace. Luffy asked me first." (Y/n) replied nonchalantly, shrugging her shoulders as if this weren't important.
"So, if I asked you first, you would have said yes?" Ace then asked the girl, a hopeful look in his brown eyes.
"Nope." (Y/n) then replied, popping the 'p' as she spoke, making Ace's jaw drop once again with offence.
"What?! Why?!" He yelled defensively, his eyes wide, locked on (Y/n)'s who was still staring at the sunset.

"Because then I'd have to call you captain." (Y/n) then replied simply, as if the answer were obvious, making Ace growl loudly, no longer happy.
"And I'd rather call you mine." (Y/n) then finished, looking over at Ace with eyes that almost looked like they sparkled. Ace instantly went red, losing the ability to speak as he froze on the spot. That was when (Y/n) burst out in laughter.
"You're so easy, Ace!" (Y/n) laughed.

"Shut up." Ace pouted, looking down at his lap with embarrassment before looking back up at (Y/n) with a frown, "But seriously, you're going to set sail with Luffy instead of with me?"
"Undecided." (Y/n) replied with a shrug.
"Wait, what?" Ace asked with pure confusion, "But you literally just said that you're part of Luffy's pirate crew?"

"Well, yeah. But that doesn't mean I need to be with him all the time. He said that I can do my own thing until finds more crew members." (Y/n) replied. Ace scoffed bitterly as he crossed his arms over his chest, glaring at the floor.
"This is so unfair." Ace muttered to himself, making (Y/n) giggle loudly.
"Stop pouting you big baby." The girl laughed, poking Ace's puffed, freckled cheeks as he pouted even more.

"You're going to be so sorry once I'm pirate king and you find out that you could have been my firstmate!" Ace then argued, making (Y/n) yawn boredly.
"Mhm, yeah. I feel the regret already." The girl replied in deadpan as she moved to lay her head on Ace's lap.
"That doesn't sound sincere!" Ace snapped angrily.

"Ace..." (Y/n) then mumbled after a small pause of silence, making him hum in response, still sounding bitter.
"We'll still see eachother after you set sail, right? Even though we'll all be so far away from eachother?" (Y/n) then asked.
"What kind of question is that? Of course we will." Ace replied bluntly, as if she were saying something stupid. (Y/n) shrugged.
"I just don't want you to forget about us." (Y/n) admitted.

"I would never." He said sternly.
"Good." The girl said with a nod.
"Hey...so, does that mean you're going to set sail with Luffy then? When he turns seventeen?" The brunette asked the girl.
"No, I think I'm going to set sail on my own at seventeen too." (Y/n) mumbled to him.
"Yeah? Without your captain?" Ace then asked sarcastically, still bitter.
"Mhm, I want to be worthy of being vice-captain, which means that I need a devil fruit." (Y/n) then grinned excitedly as she looked up at Ace.

"Oh yeah? What kind of devil fruit do you want?" Ace asked the girl.
"I'm not sure... something calm and pretty. I want something that matches well with me- you know? Something that's not accociated with violence." (Y/n) tried to explain. She'd met many people in her life who had devil fruits and she'd come to learn that some people did not suit their devil fruit. She used to be sisters with a girl who could turn any part of her body into a weapon but in reality was just a sweet girl that wanted to feel wanted- she didn't deserve a fruit that made her seem violent.

"How about me? What fruit do you think would suit me?" Ace then asked curiously, making (Y/n) hum in thought.
"Something hot...like your abs." (Y/n) then said nonchalantly, making Ace choke on his own breath, flushing tomato red immediately. (Y/n) once again burst out in amused laughter.
"Again, you're too easy, Ace!" (Y/n) laughed.

"You know we can't just pick our devil fruit, right?" Ace then asked the girl, his cheeks still pink as he changed the subject. (Y/n) nodded in agreement.
"I know. I can't help but dream though." She then replied, her eyes falling back onto the sunset. Ace joined her, watching the red hues fade behind the line of the sea.

Neither of them knew that in just a short few days, everything would change and everything they ever hoped for would go up in flames.

(A.N ~ Kicking Writer's block's ass rn.)

Chapter 3 Quote Teaser (TW) :

"I can't wait, man. It's been so long since we've bought a slave!'