Siblings ~ Ch1

10 Years Ago

3rd Point Of View

"Let me tell you guys a secret..." A certain young freckled boy began with a grin as he popped open a bottle of alcohol. Infront of him, (Y/n), Luffy and Sabo sat waiting eagerly, "All it takes to be one family is to share some sake!" As Ace spoke, he poured the sake into four small cups that rested on the tree trunk. (Y/n) watched it pour with curiousity, noticing that it didn't bubble like the alcohol she'd already seen in her life.

"Woah, really?" Luffy exclaimed with an excited grin, "That's so cool!" Ace smirked at the attention, sitting down between (Y/n) and Sabo with his arms crossed over his chest arrogantly.
"And so that means wherever we go and whatever adventures we may have, we'll always be brothers and nobody can take that away from us!" He told the other three children with a grin.

"From now on, we're honest to goodness brothers!" Ace grinned, lifting up his Sake cup to the middle which made everyone follow with an excited grin.
"Yeah, brothers!...and I guess sister for (Y/n)." Sabo added on, using his elbow to nudge (Y/n). This made (Y/n) frown, her eyebrows knitting together as she lowered her cup, refusing to clink.
"But I wanna be your brother too!" (Y/n) complained unhappily, making Sabo roll his eyes.

"You're a girl, (Y/n). You can't be our brother but you can be our sister instead! It's basically the same thing!" Sabo fought, losing his patience.
"But that doesn't sound as cool." (Y/n) frowned, narrowing her eyes on Sabo suspiciously as if he were lying.
"Okay," Sabo began, pinching the bridge of his nose with frustration, "How about we change the vow to siblings? Does that sound better?"

At this, (Y/n) paused. She'd had siblings before- not real siblings but it didn't feel that way. She liked having siblings.
"Yeah... I'd like us to be siblings." (Y/n) told him cheerfully with a soft smile. Sabo sighed with relief at her words before picking back up his cup of sake.
"Okay, good. Then when we drink this sake, the four of us will be siblings for life!" Sabo exclaimed with a grin, pushing his cup forwards to clink with everyone else's. However, this time, it was Ace that didn't push his cup forward.

"But...I don't want to be (Y/n)'s sibling." Ace grumbled, making everyone gasp.
"Ace!" Luffy exclaimed with an unhappy frown, "That's mean!" (Y/n)'s eyes began watering as she looked up at Ace, her lips forming a saddened pout.
"What? W-why?" She whispered weakly as he avoided eye contact, keeping his gaze locked on his drink.

"Because if we're siblings then....it'll just rule out a lot of possibilities." Ace muttered quietly, making (Y/n) confused. What did he mean by that? Sabo groaned tiredly as he slammed his cup back down with frustration.
"You guys are making this oath really complicated." Sabo complained, glaring at both (Y/n) and Ace. (Y/n) gasped loudly with offence.

"Hey! He's the one that doesn't want to be my brother!" (Y/n) exclaimed, pointing to Ace with a deadly glare.
"Okay, fine!" Sabo hissed, "Let's just toast to being a family, okay? Us boys are brothers, Luffy, (Y/n) and I are siblings and finally, Ace and (Y/n) are... to be decided at a future date. Is everyone happy now?!"

Still, (Y/n) couldn't wipe the frown off her lips, making Sabo exhale loudly.
"Aw, come on! Don't be sad (Y/n)!" Sabo whined, ruffling her hair softly.
"I want to know exactly why he doesn't want to be my brother!" (Y/n) complained, pointing at Ace once again who still refused to make eye-contact.
"Oh my God, can we just drink the sake?!" Sabo yelled, losing complete patience.

"Fine!" (Y/n) huffed as she lifted her cup.
"To being family!" They all yelled as they clinked their cups before downing their drinks. Both Ace and Sabo drank their share with no problem, but Luffy and (Y/n) didn't have that same courtesy.
"Ew! That's yucky!" Luffy cringed as he became a spluttering mess, throwing his empty sake cup away into the distance.
"I'm dying!" (Y/n) chocked, rolling across the floor with multiple winces.

Ace and Sabo burst out in laughter at the two, making (Y/n) get angry.
"Hey! Stop laughing at me! Sake is disgusting! I much rather drink wine!" (Y/n) complained, remembering the days that she used to sneak wine off a certain ten foot man's dinner table.
"Oh yeah? Where'd you find wine, (Y/n)?" Sabo laughed, tears leaving his eyes.
"I'll have you know that I-" (Y/n) was cut off by Ace's obnoxious laughter.

"I didn't know you were a child with such acquired tastes!" Ace laughed, making (Y/n) scoff loudly with a frown.
"You guys are mean!" She yelled angrily.
"We're family now, (Y/n). Nobody but us are allowed to tease you now." Sabo grinned cheekily. (Y/n) pouted as Ace began ruffling the girl's hair.
"Yeah, and if anyone else ever tries then I'll beat them up." Ace grinned, making Sabo scoff.
"As her husband, I should hope so." The blonde muttered, making Ace burst out in hot anger and say,

"Shut the hell up, Sabo!"

(A.N ~ Writers block has made me her bitch.)

Chapter 2 Quote Teaser :

"You're gonna be so sorry once I'm pirate king and you find out that you could've been my firstmate!"