New Transfer Student?! (5)

[Talla's POV | Monday]

It's Monday morning, and I am not excited for the upcoming tests for math class. I leaned towards the windowsill, blinking at the bright sunlight that is making my light eyes sensitive.

Looking around the moving surroundings, Sao was driving me to school, as the car bumped onto some littered trash on the road.

"...Seriously?"

Sao looked down the car window, irritated, she looked like she didn't sleep a wink despite having slept so many hours.

Does she have insomnia?

My mind was still kind of focused on the training session last night, It was hard to catch up to her skills than the last time we fought each other willingly.

It was almost like I could see a barrier blocking my eyes, and she is sitting on the barrier.

I can't understand her fighting style, she is becoming less straightforward with her attacks. Her weapon is a old staff, and she uses karate.

It's a bad combination for fighting, but she somehow made it work...

I get my head away from my thoughts about it, now realizing the car stopped.

"Oh."

The engine noises were heard, as the car parked outside the lot, a unlocking mechanism was heard.

"Uh.. goodbye boss." I say, a little dazed from daydreaming.

I exited the car, as she nodded.

"Goodbye." She said, her tone was softened by her tiredness. I turn to leave, walking to school. 

I suddenly remembered the card.

I'm guessing whatever new job she got.. was taking a toll on her sleep.
______
[Fashion Department]

Zoe dragged me to class, as she explained the new news about the school. "Hey, Talla! I heard there's a new transfer student coming in in our fashion class!"

"Woah.. really? I hope the transfer student isn't a jerk.." I said, side eyeing a bully in the hallway. Once I said that, the bully came up to us, dropping the poor kid about our age.

That bully was Vin Jin, I really dislike him, for bullying a certain kid called Duke. He had big sunglasses on his face, I couldn't see his eyes at all.

"Talking to me?" He said roughly, tilting himself forward to intimidate me. He adjusted his white cap on his head, before cracking his knuckles.

"Yeah." I say bluntly, having learned to be calm by being taught.

I took a deep breath, as Zoe panicked at the tension between Vin and I.

'Talla, what if you get hurt again like last time?' Zoe whispers, trying to drag me into the classroom.

I pick at my ear, not budging away from the situation, acting stubborn and egocentric, as Vin only got more irritated from my presence.

"You realize how annoying you are right, because right now, I am about to teach you a lesson-" Vin was caught off as Vasco steps in, blocking Vin from getting more irritated by me.

"Stop fighting you two." He shushes us, before we even start talking again.

Vasco turns, now confronting Vin Jin. "If you want to fight someone, take off your glasses first."

Vin looked irritated, leaving angrily, then kicking a empty trash can in the hall. "Tch!"

Vasco turns to us, while he spoke shyly. "Sorry about that.. girls." He shortly walked away, as Jace followed him through the hall.

Almost all of us hear a crowd of people start fangirling over a new guy down the hall, as I let Zoe drag me in the fashion department class.

Zack goons were annoying Zack, behind him as he was talking to Mira, before I stopped staring at the scene from Zoe's elbowing.

"Oh geez! You almost got into a fight again!" Zoe elbowed me, seeming mad and worried about me.

"Sorry about that.. I guess I got a little egotistical." I sighed, before Zoe patted my head.

"Just be careful alright?"

"Okay."

I nodded, as we both sat down at our desks, as I sat down behind Jay's desk.

Jay turns, facing me, making a quick gesture.

I replied back, "I already heard it, I think he might be appearing in this class..."

Jay looked shocked, excited about it, as he turned to the opened door.

The bell rings, as the teacher tirelessly entered the classroom, preparing today's lesson.

"Alright, so you may already know that there will be a transfer student and that person will be here." The teacher spoke in a monotoned tone as the whole class waits in anticipation.

Finally, the transfer student arrives, as he stepped in, standing in a awkward position.

The amount of people who was excited, oh golly, it was crazy. The amount of girls simping for this guy.. was astonishing, but it made sense since most people never seen a very attractive guy before.

The guys, they were jealous as hell. Most of the guys had girlfriends, and they didn't want their girls to be stolen by the transfer student.

I was very shocked, I never thought that there could be another k-pop idol looking guy besides Eli.

"Hello, my name is Daniel Park, and I hope I'll make a lot of friends!" He said, awkwardly smiling, before he was sent to an empty desk besides Zack.

Zack was staring angrily and jealously at Daniel, I have no idea why though. Then I look towards Mira, and she was staring at Daniel.

Welp, that explains it.

I face palmed myself, as Zoe began her act of flirting to Daniel. Not again...

I began to watch the chaos unfold around me, as Zack stopped Zoe from hitting on Daniel, while Daniel was naive and confused.

Zack's goons began to invite Daniel into their hangouts spot, and I knew what that meant.

Zoe is going to be there, and I will have to join unwillingly because she will drag me into there, with all of that smoke and booze, regardless of my mentor's warnings.

I wanna get out of here, and go back to that home of mine, in the cafe shop with my mentor who I almost called her my mother.

I glanced to Jay, as we began playing solitaire with each other to pass the time and chaos.
___
Once school ended, Zoe tapped my shoulder. "It's that time again.. right?" I say, not too happy about the future as she nodded bubbly.

"Yep, but don't worry, because Daniel will be there!" She said, falling head over heels for Daniel.

I swear, every time there is an attractive guy, she will fall for his face.

I hope she isn't naive as last time.. because that last time didn't end well. I shiver at that moment.

I gave in to her demands, just because I was worried that would happen again.

"Fine, I'll join in." I say, as she hugged me tightly, before letting go.

"Then I'll see you soon!" She smiled at me, as she skipped with rose tinted glasses. I knew, that I would be scolded on later tonight, but still..

I wanna go home..