The Visit

I looked at their eyes, while running, "I'll be back." I said turning back, as Kenda nodded, leaving himself behind with my father.

Something was off, really off about this certain visit. Was it dēja vu? 

I ran, my light wooden shoes clacking on the floorboards beneath me, the sun started to shine at me; my red sleeves flown in the wind.

The wooden gates were opened, revealing a shiny white car driving through, it was simple yet sleek, as it stops to a halt.

The car door opens, as I stop at the rocky stairs. 2 people came out of it, a old guy, wearing a simple Yakutia, that matched the car he'd driven in, and a young boy, who looked older than his age, but the boy with the old guy was new.

They were one of the allied clans; Yamazaki.
I sighed in relief; thinking something bad was about to happen.

Yet there still remains..
uncertainty in my stomach, or maybe I was hungry playing tag with my brother.

It was my first encounter with him, his hair was gelled up, slicked back to seem intimidating as his eyes gazed up at me.

He was wearing a black shirt, his sleeves were rolled up to show his flower tattoos on his arms, and wearing formal pants, which was darker then his shirt.

I stared at a random blossoming tree out of awkwardness, I didn't like meeting new people.

I walked down the rocky stairs, later reaching the ground to meet them.

I looked back at the old guy greeting him as always, bowing with respect, he was almost like a grandpa to me.

"Hello young miss, it's been a while since I visited." He said, smiling, as I did the same.

"Indeed, who is that person you are with?" I asked, as he quickly replied, "My son, he's almost the same age as you, 15."

I nodded, as the boy started to stare daggers at me. I didn't know what to think of that.

'Quite the first impressions.' I thought, as I start to speak to him.

"Hey, your name?" I finally started with some small talk.

He tilted his head.
"Jonggun."

It was a name to be remembered, as I noted it, might be useful.

"Sao."

We both bowed, it still felt awkward, but that was the best I could do for an impression.

I lead both of them into our household, as we all stepped into the stairs, as I look back, the wooden gate closed.

My father greeted them both, as my brother was hiding behind him, peering through, then smiles, with the colorful fan he held.

"Hello!" My brother said, smiling, he was very social to everyone, making a lot of friends due to his friendly demeanor.

"Hi." Jonggun replied, seeming unfazed, it was quite odd.

I never seen anyone like this at all, or maybe I haven't been socializing enough.

My father was happy, talking to the old man besides the young boy, they seemed like friends like old colleagues.

"So, I heard that you teach the kid's karate right?" The old man spoke, as it got the 3 of us interested a little.

"Yes, I have a dojo nearby operating, let me show you around." My father spoke, letting us follow.

The people that were in the meeting room, previously in the meeting, already left once the leader of the group left for his kids.

They all spilled out through, as the old man watched, the crowd of people left, walking all the way down to the gate, as the gates opened and closed.
___

After sometime walking with some lingering boredom, we all arrived to the dojo, as the familiar paper doors opened, with 20 kids wearing the black belts, with the white cloaks inside the room doing fighting poses as usual.

The movements the kids used were sloppy, sometimes inconsistent, but I never said that to their faces, I didn't want to hurt their feelings.

The dojo had a grayish roof, scaling as dragon skin, with the clan's logo ingrained into the middle of the roof, it was a purplish flower design.

We all entered in the dojo, as the old man and my father talked about how the dojo works. My brother was curious, and asked me, tugging my long sleeves.

"Can we spar?" Kenda asked, looking up to me, as I sighed.

"Nope." I replied bluntly, as he nodded a bit bummed out. I didn't like hurting others, especially my own brother.

One of the kids accidentally bumped onto Jonggun, as the 2 of us stare at the kid. The kid looked up, backing away a little as he said arrogantly, "Let's spar!" He seemed confident, but he was still not at this full strength yet.

Me and my brother were shocked, a little doubtful about this, as Jonggun finally spoke.

"Alright."

The fight begun, as the first kid was down in a couple of seconds. All the kids in the dojo looked shocked as they raised their fists up..

My little brother was excited watching this all happen, as I wanted to leave already, but I stayed regardless.

I sighed, there was nothing to stop those kids, looking at where the 2 only adults were at, they left already.

I hate babysitting.