Chapter 20

Sleep. The thing I love most in this world. No worries, no stress. Just me and my dreams. The best part of the day. Just thinking about putting on my pajamas, closing my eyes... Best feeling ever!

I am a person who values sleep like no other. My only problem? Many times, no matter how much I want to, no matter how much I turn around in bed, how much I turn in my head, trying to find more comfortable positions, closing my eyes as tightly as possible, almost feeling like they are going to jump out of my face with the pressure, I CAN NOT FALL ASLEEP.

I HATE INSOMNIAS!!

I just want rest. It's not too much to ask. Especially after what happened.

She was his sister!

I ignored him. Not just him, but others too. Because I thought he already liked someone else and I felt sad, angry, envious that it wasn't me. I just wanted to forget whatever I felt.

After all, he had no other girl. She was the sister. You've got to be joking. I feel horrible, so embarrassed. I'm really stupid. Why am I like this?

They had to forcibly take me out of the house because I'm stubborn and a coward. Was it that difficult to talk and try to be certain of things, found out the truth? Was it necessary to go through all this suffering? No!

I admitted TO HIM that I felt sad that he was with someone else! How embarrassing! I admitted TO HIM that I like him! OMG!

He had to say it was his sister himself. He had to explain to me the situation that I so promptly misunderstand. He admitted he also liked me...

HE LIKES ME!!!! SKY LIKES ME!!!! OMG!!!! AAAHHHH!!!!!

Wait! I'm going to have another heart attack!

AAAAHHHH!!!!!!!!

I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!!!!

Just thinking about him makes my heart skip a beat. All I can hear in the dark of my room is my heartbeat, which is booming. It's not healthy for it to hit with this speed and intensity. I need to go to the hospital.

These thoughts, which don't seem to leave my head, along with the freaking insomnia, keep me from sleeping.

HE SAID HE LIKED ME!!! WHAT!?!?!? AM I DREAMING????

He was so close. I still feel his scent suffocating me. It feels like my senses have lost control.

I still feelhimt close to my ear. I still remember perfectly his laugh, the words that came out of his mouth "I may or may not be completely and stupidly in love with you" ...

AAAHHHH!!!!!!

I'm running out of breath again.

I can still feel his hands on my waist, on my face, on my own hands...

I doubt I'll ever be able to sleep again in my life.

I am scared!

What will happen now?

Will we continue as before? Or will he want more? Will I want more?

I thought I wanted it, but now that it seems like everything is coming true, I don't know if I'm so confident in what I want now.

What if we start dating and he finds out that he doesn't like me after all? What if our relationship changes a lot? I like how we acted towards each other. I don't know if I want it to change.

I am scared. I'm afraid this change will be too much pressure for me. Change scares me. It makes me uncomfortable.

How will I react when I see him again? I literally left him halfway through our conversation as soon as he admitted feeling the same way. How am I supposed to see him again? I'm just going to make a fool of myself. God, save me!

He still hasn't text me (yes, I've already turned my notifications back on), the same with the other guys and, according to Ana, neither Chris nor Sam said anything about him when she tried to gather information for me (she's good at it).

I'll have to see him in class! What do I do? Do I smile, greet him and act like nothing happened? WHAT DO I DO? Wow! I better calm down or something bad will happen to me.

Don't worry about that now. Whatever happens in the moment happens. I won't stress. We'll see how it goes in class.

...

- Isn't it strange that they were missing? They usually arrive late, but they always come – says Sofia.

I can only shrug my shoulders in response.

The idiot didn't show up to class. Both him and Lewis. Two idiots.

Me spending all this time stress and having fits just thinking about this class and the asshole one is missing. I don't like him anymore (joking).

Can I be honest? I may have let out a sigh of relief when the class was halfway through and I came to the conclusion that he wasn't coming. As much as I look forward to what will happen to us, I need time to assimilate everything. Organize my thoughts, you know?

- So, as I was saying, I was talking to Anthony – begins Bea.

- The one you're texting? Do you still talk to him? Weren't you mad at each other? – I ask.

- We were. But then we talk and solve our problems out. As we haven't seen each other for a long time, I asked him if he was coming here and we agreed to meet this weekend! I'm so excited!

- Good for you, Bea! Maybe this time you will become official. It's about time – comments Sofia, as she packs her things to go to the bakery.

- Let's go? – asks Anna.

- I'm not going with you. I need to talk to the professor and I agreed with Iris to go the library to study together after.

- Okay. So, see you later, at the apartment – and they leave.

After seeing that the room was practically empty, I got up and went to the microeconomics professor.

- Miss, do you have time to talk? It's just a minute.

- Yes, of course – she stops working on her computer, puts her glasses on the tip of her nose, looking at me over them – What do you need to talk about?

Okay. Here goes.

- It's about the exchange program. I was thinking about participating next semester. And applications have a deadline that ends next week, but I'm still undecided on which university I want to choose.

- Are you torn between universities, or you don't have any idea in general?

- I'm undecided between the universities of Milan and of Frankfurt. I'm confident I can get in both, but I can't choose one. The one in Milan does not have any requirements, while the one in Frankfurt requires us to take a German exam. I was inclined towards this last one, but I'm worried about not passing the exam. I do know a little of german, but I don't have that much confidence that I can pass the exam. Learning for fun is way less stressful then doing a exam. I'm worried the nerves will get the best of me.

- Hmmm... if you wanted to go to Frankfurt, try your luck. And if you don't get in then you always have next year. Two semesters even, ok? – I nod – So, just try the exam. I believe you will get in Frankfurt. According to other students of mine who took the exam, it is very easy and quick for who understands German well. Don't stress about it. I believe you will be successful, no matter what you choose. The important thing is that you gain new experiences and learn new things when studying abroad.

- Thank you, Miss. See you tomorrow – I smile and start walking towards the door.

I have just got to the hallway, when I am pushed by my wrist and dragged to an empty room, next to the one I just left.

Even though I didn't have time to really notice who decided to kidnap me (I'm seriously getting a little worried about these people), I immediately realized who it was just by the cologne alone.

Sky Watson!

 Next chapter...