Chapter 9

- The library is closing! – warns the librarian.

I know what you're thinking, and the answer is no, this isn't our first tutoring session. It's the fifth one (but who's counting?).

No. I'm being a completely normal person, if you don't count my ability to not stop talking (I'm not at all nervous about being in his presence, why would you think that?).

As expected, he is a sweet person. He is always attentive, always listening to me with full focus (which is why I am constantly having trouble breathing). I have no complaints against him (I'm going to charge him with attempted murder, though).

He, in the last session, even gave me a nuttela croissant that he had bought before coming. And you know he's perfect when he gives you food! For free!

- I had agreed with Lewis to meet at the bakery. Do you want to come?

- I mean, Bia has a shift now, so why not?

He smiles at me. AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

Calm down, Teresa. It was just a smile. He's done it lots of times. You would expect me to have gotten used to it by now. Not the case.

Sky starts to pack his stuff, puts his bag on his back and helps me put my things away – We better go, before Lewis starts to complain about me taking too long – and laughs – That guy loves to annoy a person.

We were now passing through the building's entrance door, when, out of nowhere, Sky took my backpack off my shoulders and put it on his.

I don't know how to react, so I just stand there, staring at him in disbelief.

- What? Are you going to stand there?

What is the logical reason for this? I am already suffering from respiratory failure and very high blood pressure. I don't need this to get worse.

STOP BEING PERFECT!!!!

We walk for a while longer, until I decide to break the silence. I wasn't being weird. However, I feel the need to start a conversion. I don't want him to think I'm boring (which isn't too far from the truth)

- I was thinking... you're always talking about how much you like baseball. Why didn't you decide to become a professional player? I heard from Chris that the university is linked to a lot of different sports centers and that includes baseball.

During the last few sessions, we've been talking (duh), and now I know a few things about him and vice versa. He probably knows more about me than the other way around.

Not only is he always asking me questions about my life, but I also don't know when to stop talking. But I don't think that's a problem for him, or at least he always has a smile on his face when I talk and laughs at most of the things I say (especially my bad luck).

- I still played a little when I was younger. But in a game, I got injured, and I had to spend some time off recovering. When I started to play again, I got myself injured a second time, and the doctor advised me to stop playing permanently, for fear that I wouldn't recover from the next one. They were pretty hard injuries.

- That's sad.

- I remember crying so much – he laughs – As I could no longer achieve that dream, I started thinking about what I wanted for my future. As I love watching hospital dramas I decided to focus on medicine.

I stare at him in disbelief. He wants to be a doctor because he likes to watch series?! Okay... Not going to judge.

He starts to laugh. A lot.

- I was joking! You should have seen your face! – and continues to laugh. Of me! Dumbass! – The truth is, as I spent a lot of time in the hospital, due to my injuries, I had the opportunity to see what the nurses and doctors do on the daily and I started to become curious. That's why I studied hard and got myself in this college. And I don't regret doing it at all. Helping people is something that makes me genuinely happy, in addition to being a career with a practically certain future.

And with that we arrive at the pastry shop. Sky opens the door and lets me in first (i mean, what a gentleman).

The first thing I hear is a very, very deep sigh. Someone is not in a very good mood.

- And why would i believe that this is true?

- Maybe because that's what is written in all of the books? – I recognize that voice...

- Stop shouting at each other, please! – says a frustrated Bea (which is rare). But I soon understand why.

Sofia and Lewis, as always, are arguing with each other. Honestly, I've never heard anything good come out of either of their mouths when they're talking. I will never understand them.

- That's why I gave up studying. It's bad for my mental health – Sam butted in. And you hear a small "same" from Bia.

- Or maybe it's because you have a rock instead of a brain – Lewis replies (poor Sam).

- Since when did he become you? – comments Sofia.

Bea starts laughing, probably because it wasn't directed at her (a rare event).

- Laugh as much as you want but you're not much different - SOFIA! What did the girl do to you to suffer these types of attacks?

Ah! It's so good to be surrounded by my fantastic and friendly friends. I couldn't have asked for better in life. You can feel the love even on the other side of the city.

- We should have gone somewhere else – Sky whispers to me.

- I don't think they have noticed us yet. This is our big chance to leave without being seen – I whisper back.

- Hey! You're hear, thank God! Do you want to eat something? – Bea, I love you with all my heart, but now was not the right time.

But since you're offering it, why not?

- Are you the one paying? – Sky tries his luck, which results in him getting hit in the face with a towel.

- I'm not working like a crazy person so you can get free food. If you want it, either pay or go wash the dishes. Choose.

Message received. We really should have gone somewhere else.

Next chapter...