Chapter 4

A month has passed since I spoke to that boy. A full month!

I never saw him again, for which, in a way, I thank the gods in heaven. God forbid me if I have to embarrassed myself again by having to talk to him one more time. I've thought of many scenarios in which we would meet again and, let me tell you, none of them were in my favor.

Therefore, I can conclude that he does not attend our university. Or at least he does not study something related to my area, or I would see him in the building of the faculty of economics and management.

Having to see him passing by almost every day would be torture. After that day, when I was trying to sleep, all I could think about was our interaction and I felt the shame all over again, as if I was reliving that moment. It was critical. Yeah? Why would I say that? And "see you around, I guess"? I should have been taking drugs that day, that must be it.

But, if I have to be honest, even though I think the only thing I do well is embarrassing myself in front of others, there is a part inside me (deep down) that wanted to see him again. You don't understand. He was really, REALLY handsome, and he had been so nice.

Bia spent the whole night, when we were having dinner with the other girls, just talking about him. How he seemed like a prince, how he was so sweet to her and, instead of being annoyed that she had made the mistake of putting the wrong order into the computer twice in a row (Bia, you did that on purpose, didn't you?), he just laughed and told her not to stress about it. He even started making small talk and jokes to lighten the mood.

However, life did not bring him back. The best thing I can do is to simply keep that day in a box in the attic of my memory. Maybe not seeing him again is the universe telling me to live my life as it is, free from the handsome guy. I've done it so far, so I can continue doing it.

- I know I usually complain that you talk too much, Teresa, but I'm getting worried. You came the whole way here in complete silence. Who are you and what did you do to my friend! – Sofia says, with what I think is a worried face (a rare event, Sofia finally showed feelings).

- First of all, OH MY GOD! YOU CALLED ME YOUR FRIEND! THIS IS A HISTORICAL MOMENT! I WILL HAVE TO WRITE IT DOWN ON MY AGENDA!

- I take that back.

- Shut up! And secondly, I don't remember you ever telling me to shut up – which, now that I think about it, it is a bit shocking that it never happened. When I start talking, I don't stop, which can lead to people getting very annoyed with me. Besides, that would be something Sofia would have said, for sure.

- I have never called you out on that you, but I do think about it... – she pauses and sighs – a lot.

- You're lucky I adore you – and with that I give her a smile while she gives me a disgusted face. Ah... I love our dynamic – We better hurry up or the professor will kill us.

You must be wondering why we're in such a hurry, right? The situation is as follow: our microeconomics professor sent us an email yesterday (me and Sofia) asking us to meet her to talk about something very important. And, as if it wasn't obvious, we're a few minutes late (it's not my fault, obviously).

When we finally arrived in the classroom, breathing in a way that could be compared to why the dogs act when they've just finished running, you know, with their tongues hanging out, which looks like they're having a respiratory arrest attack, our professor watches us with a questioning look (don't ask questions, please).

It still took us a while to stabilize our blood pressure (again, I'm not made for physical exercise) and we greeted our professor.

- Good morning. I was starting to think you weren't coming, not even tomorrow – Professor Olga exaggerates (it was only 5 minutes past the hour, dramatic much).

- We are so sorry. The bus was late – it wasn't late at all, but you won't see me admitting that I didn't catch it on time because I wanted to finish watching an episode of a drama (priorities).

- The important thing is that you are finally here. Let's now talk about why I called you. – With this, the professor places two pamphlets on her desk - As you may know, or should know, our college has a mentoring project. In other words, all students who need help with their studies or want to help others in this regard can register.

I consider myself an intelligent person (it may not seem like it, but I am) and I think I can already imagine what Professor Olga wants from us. And I am not liking it.

- Unfortunately, there are few registered mentors when it comes to courses linked to social sciences, such as economics. And as I believe you are one of my best students, I would really appreciate, and hope, to see your name on this list. Obviously, it is not mandatory. You participate if you want – and she looks at us in a way that seems to indicate that we don't have much of a choice, contrary to her words.

Signing up for this project means that I will have less time to watch series or read, which is a huge problem itself (let's not remind ourselves why I was late), but I will also have to talk and explain things to people who I've probably never spoken in my life. And I am obliged to participate! Life really is unfair.

After signing our names voluntarily, which doesn't seem so voluntary when you have an old woman staring at you with hawk-like eyes and applying pressure, we left the room.

- I'm just going to pray that I end up with someone who's easy to put up with. I already have to put up with you every day, I don't need any more headaches.

- Wow, Sofia. Always so friendly. I like you too, you know.

Next Chapter...