Chapter 16 (Sky's pov)

Something wrong is not right!

I was trying to prevent my thoughts from reaching this conclusion, but there are too many signs pointing to it.

She's ignoring me.

I understand that maybe she couldn't spend time with the group since she may be busy with studies... if that excuse was just for last week. Not for two weeks.

You heard right. TWO WEEKS!!!!

The last time we had a serious conversation (two weeks ago, I repeat) she mentioned how she only had one more test that very Friday. In other words, this week she has no real reason to be studying. We even decided to suspend the tutoring sessions so we could rest from studying... and so she could have time to watch a drama.

You must be thinking: but how did I come to the conclusion that it was my fault?

Very simple. Whenever I enter the same room as her, she doesn't even give me a smile. When I see her in the hallway, she turns her back to me. And worst of all: she doesn't respond to my texts.

What did I do wrong?

Did I forget to bring her something to eat during a tutoring session? No.

Does she feel uncomfortable when I touch and play with her curls?

Did I make it too obvious that I like her and exaggerate a little too much that made her uncomfortable? It must be that!

She probably doesn't even like me, and I'm here listening to these stupid people and creating false hopes.

What do I do now?

The conversation taking place inside my head is interrupted by a baseball passing a millimeter from my face. Uff. I'm glad I got out of the way in time. That was a close call. I wouldn't want my face, in addition to my heart, to also be destroyed.

- Oh! So close!

I look shocked at my so-called friend.

- So close? You almost hit me with the baseball in the face, man!

- I know. Next time, stay still, please.

At least this time he said "please".

I hear laughter coming from my right side. There, on the grass, two guys are sitting and laughing like fools.

- If you suffer from a cardiorespiratory arrest, be aware that I will not help you.

- Oh... wait... let me... breathe... a little – tries to say a Sam who can't stop laughing. He looks like a hyena.

I turn to the other hyena – Really, Felix? You too?

- Don't act like if it were me, you wouldn't laugh too?!

- Look? Why are you so distracted? It's not like you – Lewis asks me, as he passes the ball from one hand to the other. It's good to know that, even though he almost killed me, he still cares and wants to know more about what's bothering me.

- I was just here thinking about some things.

- I can't imagine what those things could be – says Sam - Cough ... Teresa ... cough.

Am I that obvious? I mean, everyone has noticed her absence. It's actually something we have discussed among ourselves multiple times now. And it's not like I've been hiding how disappointed I am when the other girls appear without her. Yesterday, Sebastian literally patted me on the back when Iris said Theresa wasn't coming because she was too tired.

- So we're correct, aren't we? – I nod my head.

From the corner of my eye I see Felix and Sam each passing a note of five to Lewis. What?

Suddenly, we heard some voices talking loudly and a few moments later we saw the rest of the boys.

- Hi. We brought the food – Peter arrives first - What are you doing?

- Talking about how Sky has a crush on Theresa – Felix replies. The others giggle. It's not funny at all. I'm here suffering and these idiots are making fun of me.

- Don't you think it's strange that, out of nowhere, she seems to no longer want to hang out with us?

- Did she get fed up with us? Maybe she only became our friend to get my brownie recipe.

- Of course, Lix. She really just wanted to be your friend for brownies – Justin comments sarcastically.

- You never know. They are divine.

- It's my fault. It's the only reasonable explanation.

They all look at me with a confused look.

-Don't look at me like that. Lewis, you were there. These two weeks when we enter the microeconomics class, she doesn't even look at us. Even Sofia greets us.

- Sofia is a sweetheart – and after this statement, Sebastian receives a look of shock, disgust and disagreement from Lewis.

- When I'm in the school corridors and I'm going to pass her, at one point she stops walking, with a shocked face looking at me and then she turns around and disappears.

- You must have misunderstood the situation. Maybe she saw a teacher. Honestly, that's what I would do too – Sam interrupts.

- Are you sure you combed your hair? – Peter comes now – The other day you looked like a caveman when you woke up in the morning. Just so you know, I lied to you. I didn't delete the photo. Ahah!

You must be joking?! This is a good justification for attacking him. Something I'm doing right now.

God dammit. He's really fast at running.

When I came to the conclusion that I wouldn't be able to catch him, we returned to the conversation at hand.

- Ok. But how do you explain that she doesn't even see my texts? Hmmm? I'm not talking about not replying. She literally hasn't opened my texts for two weeks straight!

They become all silent. I was already expecting this. When Lewis told me that he asked her if everything was ok and the answer was immediate, I realized that I was the problem. I asked her a week ago if she wanted to get coffee together and she was radio silent about it.

I'm in despair.

- What do I do?

- You don't know the reason for all this, so the first step would be to discover it – Chris proposes.

- As?

- Talking to her! Duh! – Sebastian finally answers me, after having spent a few seconds being judged by the others, who called me stupid, not with their mouths, but with their eyes.

Talking? With Theresa? The person who hasn't left my mind since we first spoke? Easy. I can totally do it. There's just one small problem.

- And how am I supposed to talk with her if she refuses to spend time with us?

- We tricked her.

- What? – we all say at the same time. Sometimes the most random and questionable things come out of Lewis' mouth. What's going on in that guy's head?

- You'll see.

Next chapter...