How to be Positive

AU notes:
This story is the continuation of Chapter 6 of The Day After, if you haven't seen it check niyo muna para di kayo malito.

Trigger warning: Teenage pregnancy I want this social issue to be tackled as realistic as possible. So if di kayo comfy, this story isn't for you. 😉

—————————

Roxy shifts uncomfortably, battling both nausea and lower back pain. The OB-GYN reassures her that these discomforts are typical during pregnancy as she enters her fourth month. Despite nearing the end of the first trimester, Roxy continues to grapple with sudden mood swings and unusual cravings.

Recalling the day she discovered her pregnancy, chaos surrounded Roxy —Z's unstable mental state, Obet's tragic death, Sky's quest for justice, and Archie —

"Roxy, sayaw pa tayo kunti, please,"

She recalled how the lights perfectly hit his face as both of them shared a dance.

Then the memory shifted to Archie's frantic expression as he struggled inside his car, contemplating his next move to help her sister escape.

"Archie, please wag mo gagawin," echoed in her mind as she looked at him from the outside of his car, she waited for him to look at her hoping it might changed his mind.

But, he never did.

A few days after the incident, she found herself sitting in the corner of her room. Unable to breathe while trying to contain her tears, thoughts ran through her mind.

"Anong gagawin ko? Lord, please.. anong gagawin ko?" she muttered to herself as she took another look at the tiny piece of white plastic.

"Two red lines, Positive."

She took a deep breath, trembling as she grabbed her phone. She went to her contacts and paused at Archie's name.

Before pressing the 'Call' button, a message showed up on her notification:

Northfordians GC:

"Oh my God, did you heard the news? Gov. Acosta hostaged Z sa facility and Chief Aguerro died!"

"OMG for real?! Poor Aguerros!"

"Can I just say deserve? Haha! 🤐"

"Karma's a bitch!"

"Poor Archie, sana kaya pa ng mental health niya. Baka sumunod na yun kay Z."

Roxy swiftly closed the messaging app, her heart racing. Frustration and anxiety overwhelmed her; she leaned forward, resting her head on her knees, tears streaming down. How did she end up in this situation?

Her sole desire was to graduate, secure a spot in her dream university, and finally support her sister. However, a single, foolish, alcohol-fueled mistake changed her life forever.

Unable to contain her emotions. Roxy shouted, "Ang unfair!"

She pounded her stomach, channeling her frustration towards the unborn life within. Then suddenly, she stopped.

"Baby ko," she reflected, pausing the blows on her stomach. Sobbing uncontrollably, she buried her face in her bed, holding onto her belly.

"I'm sorry, baby, sorry... sorry," she whispered, tenderly caressing her belly.

Pushing herself off the bed, she brushed the damp hair from her face. Upon glancing up, she found her sister standing there, expressionless.

No further words were needed; her sister had already grasped the reality of her situation.