𝟬𝟬𝟰. bad conflict with new arrival

chapter four

chapter four.
— BAD CONFLICT WITH NEW ARRIVAL

iv.                                        JUDAS WAS WALKING around camp, right beside his curly-haired blonde friend. Annabeth would not leave him alone. Asking question after question about the kid he had to look after back at Yancy Academy. She's been wanting to go on a quest for years, waiting for the right person from the prophecy. So, every time someone new gets to camp, she's always there, waiting for them to do something extraordinary that would lead to her finally finding the one who would take her on that quest. But, it has not happened yet. This year though, this year, she keeps insisting that it'll happen. That she feels it.

"I'm telling you, it will happen."

"I dunno storm eyes..." the boy responded with doubt.

"Okay then, call my intuition Athena vision."

Judas snorted in amusement.

"Right. You can call it that. I'll just call it Annabeth delusion."

The girl's eyes squinted, a gleam of annoyance and amusement in them. "Judas Martinus LaRue—"

"How the fuck do you know my middle name?"

She ignored him. "This year is my year. I've been waiting for so long, and that Percy kid, from what you've told me? I know he's the one. He has to be."

Judas kicked a stray rock in front of him, watching as it flew into the air and collided with the side of a tree. See, one thing about him? He hated sharing things. Obviously, Annabeth wasn't a thing, she's a person. A very special person because she was probably the first ever friend he made. The first ever to not run away from his angry scowl and clenched fists (besides his siblings). The first who dared butt heads with him just to be friends. All because she found him interesting (her words). So seeing her take an interest in a kid that she hadn't even met, really got his wheels turning. Call him possessive, call him jealous, because that's what he was, and it annoyed him to no end. Possessive, jealous, aggressive, ruthless, brutal, bloodthirsty. Traits that Ares's children share. All of which could be used in battle, but no. Here he was, jealous that Percy, out of everyone else, had all her undivided attention, and he didn't even know it.

Finally, with the click of his tongue and an eye roll, he said, "You're makin' it sound like you've fallen in love with him or somethin'."

"Ew, don't be gross," Annabeth replied, making a disgusted face.

"Oh, right!" Judas raised his eyebrows in mock surprise. "How could I forget? You're in love with Luke already."