The Hunters

I woke up in an unfamiliar place. I quickly recounted yesterday's events. Realizing where I was I got up, carefully got dressed, and gentle placed Estelle's bear in my bag. It felt weird, I felt as if I wasn't allowed to be happy. It was hard being in a world without them, knowing who the person that killed her is, but not being allowed to do anything about it. After sitting there and contemplating life I set off to go find Thalia. When I stepped out of the tent I was met eminently by arrows coming from every direction. I was able to dodge most of them but one. It ledges itself right into a fresh wound from camp. I pulled it out and carefully limped to the dinning tent.

"Morning sleepy head!" Thalia said as she slapped the newly opened wound. "Why is your shirt wet- oh gods Percy what happened!" I take it that there is a lot of blood.

"I just accidentally reopened a wound. Nothin to worry about Thals." I said through gritted teeth.

"Yeah... nothing to worry about huh? Let's get you to the infirmary tent and clean that." She said pointing to my wound. We walked silently to the tent, and was met with two Apollo girls who immediately noticed my limp and gave me nectar and ambrosia. I quickly downed the stuff and now all that was left was a scar.

"Hey, Thalia how's Caroline?"

"She's fine Percy. There's no need to worry, hunters can take care of themselves."

"I know that. It's just she's so young, and no offense, but when you guys were shouting last night she was having a panic attack." I was worried, but it seemed that no one else was. I thought the hunters helped girls with trauma, but last night they didn't seem to notice Caroline.

"She's been here for a couple months, and she had warmed up to most of us. She's never really had a panic attack that I've seen. Last night, idk maybe it brought back unwanted memories. But how did you know she was having a panic attack, how do you know what a panic attack is?" Worry flashed through her eyes.

"I've experienced some, but that was years ago. Nothing to stress over Thals. How about we go get breakfast? Race you!" I shouted talking off. I was doing my best to keep away from those thoughts, those day are over. She didn't look happy with my answer, but a competition is a competition. As we neared the tables Thalia was catching up, and I was not letting her win. All of a sudden I felt myself shrink, and I could hear, smell, and see my surroundings a whole lot better than before. I looked down and saw I had paws, pitch black paws. Turns out I can turn into a wolf. I heard Thalia stop dead in her tracks and stair, I turned and saw her face, it was priceless, but it felt wrong to laugh. As I turned my head back to see where I was going I ran into a table. Thalia laughed, I just huffed and willed myself to turn to human. The hunters were not amused by my interest, though Artemis was confused as to why I could turn into a wolf, but honestly so was I.

"Hi..." I said awkwardly. I could feel the girls glares towards me.

"Good morning Perseus. I have a list of things you need to do all with in today." Artemis ordered. I walked towards her and she handed me the list. I took a look at the list and saw that it was just a bunch of the girl's old chores, I guess since there's a guy here might as well put him to use. The first thing on the list was laundry. That would be awkward, I looked towards Artemis,

"I refuse to wash undergarments, I'll do everything but that." I was not arguing about that. That's weird, any guy that would wash girl's undergarments that they weren't married, or close family with was weird. The girls looked shocked, well all except Artemis and Thalia.

"You won't have to, the girls will take turns with that." With that relief I turned to start laundry. Before I could get home free I was stopped by none other than Lady A.