The decision

"Kill me."

All the gods just stared at me, like for a long time. It made me nervous, and I started to fidget. Finally one of them spoke up.

"Why do you want us to kill you?" It was Zeus that asked.

"I have no reason to live. Ann-Annabeth and my friends left me, and believed John." I was doing my best to stand up strait and speak without sobbing. It's harder than it sounds. "And that as-" I was interrupted yet again.

"I will not have you say those things about my son, Perseus." He said my name like Artemis says boy. I wanted to drop and just die In a hole. All the gods were gapping like fish staring at me and/or Poseidon.

"Am I crazy, or did he just talk DOWN to Percy?" Apollo asked. Even Athena was thrown off a bit. I started getting scared that they would just hurt me like camp did, that they would take John's side just like everyone else had. I used the rest of the courage I had, stared right into my "fathers" eyes and said,

"If you don't do it I'll find a way to do it my self." I held eye contact for a while, but I did see the interaction between Zeus and Artemis. After Poseidon broke are little stare down I looked around to see Artemis glaring at me. The other gods just looked at me with concern and pity. I didn't want pity I hated pity I just wanted to go see Estelle again.

"We still need you here Percy." This time it was Artemis who spoke up. I turned to her direction.

"I've done plenty for you guys find someone else, please I just want to see her again. I can't live without her." I was close to tears again. I didn't even realize I said the last part out load, but I did and the gods took it the wrong way.

"SO THATS WHAT THIS IS ABOUT! I KNEW MY DAUGHTER WOULD NEVER BETRAY YOU WITHOUT AN EXUSE! YOU WANT TO DIE BECAUSE JOHN KILLED THE GIRL YOU CHEATED ON ANNABETH WITH!!" Athena yelled with outrage. I was starting to get angry. She of all people knows my fatal flaw, she's the one who told me it.

" I DIDN'T CHEAT ON HER, AND JOHN DIDN'T KILL AN EIGHTEEN YEAR OLD GIRL, HE KILLED A TWO YEAR-OLD GIRL! He killed my sister." I started out yelling at Athena the turned to Poseidon, and whispered the last part. "That's why I attacked John. I was angry and wasn't thinking. I would do it again. I would do anything for my sister. That's why I want to die I want to see her, hold her. Don't you get, yes I loved Annabeth, but Estelle was everything to me. She's the reason I'm still sane after Tartarus. I survived my own mind to give her a love I didn't get from anyone other than my mom. She didn't deserve to die. None of them did, not mom, dad, especially not Estelle." I was balling again by the end of my rant. Artemis looked at me with pride? I don't know what it was, but she turned to Zeus and gave him a slight nod.

"Percy, I have a job for you." Zeus said. "I want you to protect my daughter and her hunt." I was shocked. I thought back to Zoe, how I couldn't protect her, than to mom and Estelle, I couldn't save them either. Somehow, even if they were a bunch of man-hating girls I knew I had to protect them, even if they hated me. So I turned to Artemis who was looking at me with a small smile, as if to say, take the chance it'll help you heal.

"I'll do it." I said. Hades, Hestia,Apollo, and Artemis stood up and blasted me with bright light. It hurt like Bad, I screamed in agony as I felt scars reopen, but then a power coursed through me. Power of the dead, music, flames, and home cooked meals? I'd have to ask about that one. "What was that?"

" we each gave you a blessing. I gave you the ability to use fire and summon home cooked meals." Oh that explains it.

"I gave you the ability to use any instrument, and use a bow." Apollo stated

"Since you're going to be in the hunt I gave you the ability to sneak around, shoot a bow and use any other weapon better." That was Artemis

"And I gave you the ability to use shadows to an atvantage, and I've allowed you to um.. to visit your family in the underworld." I probably looked terrible from all the crying I had done today, but this crying was different I was happy. The best gift I had ever gotten came from the god of the underworld. Who would have thought. After that all the gods stood up and flashed away except for three, Artemis, Apollo, and Poseidon. The sea god walked up to me, he looked angry.

"I am not fooled by your lies Perseus. I know who you are, what you are, a monster, a killer, a murder." Tears were streaming down my face. I never said it, but I missed my dad. Just wanted both my father figure and my real dad back. Then Poseidon flashed a way, and I felt a tap on my shoulder. I flinched and jumped back. Ever since camp I've been jumpy and hated being touched. Artemis slowly put her hand out towards me, and I hesitantly took it. With that we flashed to a river close to the hunt.

A/N

970 words. Let me know what you think, hope you enjoy it.