The reunion

We flashed to an area just outside of the hunters camp. Artemis turned to me and told me she was going to introduce me, and to be prepared to get attacked. Usually I would laugh a little at that, but it was like my soul had left my body and now all that was left was my body. While I waited for Artemis to break the news to the girls I looked at my surroundings. We were in the middle of the forest, so lots of trees to hide us, and I could feel a small lake a little further north. Just then I heard shouts of objections close.

"Welp I guess that's my cue." I whispered to myself.

Artemis pov:
I walked towards the camp worry etched on my face. Once I walked into view I headed straight to Thaila.
"I need you to gather the girls by the campfire. I have an Announcement." She looked at me and a look of concern flashed through her eyes.

"Are you okay lady Artemis?"

"I'm fine just worried about how all will take the news, that's all." I responded. Now she looked nervous.

"Ok I'll meet you at the fire." With that she ran off, and I walked to the fire sight. Once all the girls got there I took a look around trying to analyze what Thalia might have said to them.

"Okay girls we have to new hunter. My father thought it would be a good idea to give us a guardian. This person is someone most of you know. He is the only male I trust, and I want you to treat him as you would any other hunter." As I took another look around and the girls were not happy to say the least.

"We don't need a guardian. Especially not a male!" Phoebe shouted. All the girls were shouting protest. They started glaring at me, but the I realized that they where glaring at the person behind me. I turned and saw that Percy had his hood up. Probably so Thalia couldn't see he had been crying. Percy took a look around and his eyes landed on our youngest hunter, Caroline, who was curled up in a ball crying. Once the girls saw who he was looking at they blocked his view, but that didn't stop him. He flipped over all the girls and silently landed next to Caroline. He squatted down to her level, carefully reached his hand out gently pulled her chin up so that she could look at him, and wiped her tears. He talked to her quietly, so that we couldn't hear, but we're able to tell he meant no harm. Caroline came from an abusive home, so naturally she was wearer of people, but she seemed to know Percy wasn't like that. All the girls stood with their bows drawn pointing at his head.

"Get. Your. Hands. Off. Of. Her." Lily said. He didn't listen just kept talking to her in a gentle brotherly voice. It was sweet seeing him go into protective brother mode. It made my heart ache for him, seeing as he no longer has his little sister.

Percy's pov:
I silently walked into the camp and stood behind/beside Artemis. The girls saw me and glared, but I wasn't looking at them I directed my attention to a small girl probably about 5 or 6. She was curled in a ball shaking. The girls blocked her from me, but that wasn't going to stop me. Naturally I flipped over them landing silently next to the girl. I gentle reached my hand out and softly pushed her chin up, so she could see me.

"Hey, it's okay, there's no need to cry." I whispered to her. I quickly looked her over and could see bruises on her body. My blood boiled at the thought of her being abused. I gentle reached up and wiped her tears. Talking lightly to her, "I'm not going to hurt you. I'm Percy, what's your name?"

"Car-Caroline. Why are you here. I don't mean to be mean, but I thought boys weren't aloud in the hunt?"

"Most aren't, but some stuff happened to me, and now I'm here." We continued to talk for a minute, I told her what happened to me and that I was abused to, and if she ever needed to talk she could always come to me. Then I got up to talk to the rest of the hunt. Before I could get up I was nocked over by a small body. It reminded me of Estelle and I started to tear up, but I hugged Caroline back. We stayed like that for a minute and I quickly realized she fell asleep. I carefully got up with her in my arms making sure she didn't wake up. The girls were shocked and lowered their weapons. "Okay so I'm your new guardian. Nice to meet you all. Sorry to cut this short , but I'm exhausted so is there a chance someone could point me to Caroline's tent?" My voice was a bit hoarse from all the crying I had done today. Thalia started walking away, but turned back looked at me and went,

"You coming?" She seemed agitated, but I figured it was because of me being a boy and being in the hunt and all. I quickly walked up towards her direction. She started talking to me. "So who are you, and why are you here"

"I'll explain once I put her to sleep." My voice was slightly shaken as I was nervous as to what Thalia would do, but I knew I would have to tell her eventually. The rest of the walk was silent. Once we reached what I assumed was Caroline's tent I carefully placed her on her cot and kissed her forehead like I would do to Estelle those few times I was home. I held back a sob, I couldn't do that now I had to put on an act. To be strong for the hunters. I walked back out with Thalia right next to me. We walked for a while until I stopped and asked, "Where are we going?" She laughed and dragged me to the lake I found before coming to camp. "Why here?" I asked.

"I have a cousin scratch that a brother, Percy, he loves the water. I don't get to see him much, so when I miss him, or just want to be away I come here. I've been out here all day basically, my other brother Nico iris messaged me earlier, and told me Percy ran off. I don't know when I'm going to see him again. He's a bit of a wild card, but it's not like him to just run away." Thalia was closed to tears, and I had a few tears slip. "But that's not what this is about. Why are you here?" She was back to a deadpan face.

"I had a half-brother who convinced my friends and my girlfriend that I lied about everything, so I ran. I went to my mom's, but when I got there my mom dad and sister were... they were murdered by my half-brother." The silent tears started falling faster as I held back a sob. I clutched the arms of the backpack with the family photo, and Estelle's teddy bear in it. Just talking about that made my blood boil. "As for who I am?" I slowly reached up to pull down my hood. "Well I think of you as my sister too Thalia." I said once I pulled my hood completely off. Before I could react she pounced on me and hugged the life out of me. "You know I thought about saying, "I am your worst nightmare, but after how fast you pounced on me I'm glad I didn't." She chuckled a bit. I gave a half-hearted trouble making grin, she just hugged me harder. We stayed out there for a bit just catching up and hugging, lots of hugging. Finally we got up to go to bed. "Um.. Thals I don't have anywhere to sleep."

"You can sleep in my tent tonight Kelp Head. I'll talk to Artemis tomorrow and get you a tent. Seeing as the hunt is long asleep tonight you won't have to worry about them attacking you in your sleep." I chuckled at that. We trudged on to Thalia's tent, once we got in there I crashed on the extra cot, and fell into a dreamless sleep.

A/N
1445 words. Let me know what you think. Have a good day!!