𝗛𝗼𝘄 𝗜𝗻𝘀𝗲𝗻𝘀𝗶𝘁𝗶𝘃𝗲 (𝟲𝘅𝟮𝟭)

Grace walked into the house and sighed. She had been with Mark. He had needed someone to talk to. And they had been talking about the baby.

Grace wanted things to be okay with both her and Mark. And they had kissed a couple of times.

Nothing more had happened between them. Knowing Mark wasn't in the right head space. He had lost his daughter and his grandson all in one night.

Grace wanted to be there for him. Despite all that had happened. She knew their relationship wasn't the same.

Grace knew how she wanted things to be okay with them for the sake of the baby. And how Grace had never wanted to give her baby the family she had. A broken family. 

Elle looked to her. "Hey. Where have you been? Mer and Derek are worried about you," she said.

Grace smiled. "I went to see Mark. He's struggling with Sloan leaving. And the baby being given up for adoption. I feel bad for him."

Elle looked to her. She handed her a cup of coffee. Grace shook her head. "Oh god no. I had my daily allowance today," she said.

"What's going on with you and Mark? Are you together?" Elle asked.

Grace sat down and sighed. She smiled. "I think we're just taking it slow. I want to be with him. I know I do. But he said some things. I know, I overreacted. It wasn't just him. It was me too."

Elle nodded. She looked to her. "I want you to be happy. You and Mark, you make each other happy," she told her.

"You think?"

"Yes. The way you two look at each other, it's like there's no one else  in the room," Grace said. "That and you're having his baby. So there's obviously a connection there."

Grace blinked and grinned. "Do you think you and Jackson will have kids?" She asked.

"We haven't really talked about it. We're taking it one day at a time. That's it basically," Elle said. Knowing she and Jackson hadn't exactly talked about their future.

****

Grace walked into the hospital. Elle walked over to her as she had arrived before her twin to spend some time with Jackson. "Hey. We have sensitivity training. Courtesy of McDreamy," she said.

Grace blinked a couple of times. She groaned. "Since when did I need sensitivity training? I delivered my baby daddy's grandson. That's as sensitive as anyone can get," she said.

"Speaking of Sloan."

Elle walked off as Grace turned to see Mark. She smiled. "Oh. Hi. How's Sloan?" She asked.

"Her mom took her back with her. Thought I'd check how you're doing," Mark said as he looked into her eyes. "And the baby."

Grace smiled. "We're both okay. I'm worried about you. You're the one I'm worried about. Are you okay?" She asked.

"I'm good. I'm fine. Grace..."

Grace looked to him. She sighed and smiled. "I gotta go. Derek seems to think I'm insensitive. Go figure," she told him as she kissed his cheek and walked off.

****

Grace yawned as she sat in the lab for the sensitivity training. She was bored and tired. "When is this torture going to end?" She mumbled as she looked to Elle.

Elle smiled as she looked to Jackson. "Wake up."

Bailey turned to them. "Huh, reaction, observation, communication, any questions so far?"