11.| ᴠᴏɪᴄᴇᴍᴀɪʟ

━━━ CHAPTER ELEVEN.
11 voicemail.
❝ IT'S BEEN A
WEEK. ❞

11/19/2022- CASSIE AND NATHANIEL'S night was amazing

11/19/2022- CASSIE AND NATHANIEL'S night was amazing. After their talk and Matthew practically pouring out his heart, they were doing so well together. Too good. Too perfect. It scared Matthew a little but he tried not to overthink it. As for things with Maddie and Matthew, they were quiet. They had shared glances from time to time but they didn't speak much.

Mainly because Maddy had now been back to having Nathaniel's tongue down her throat. It's like they purposely did it to piss him off. Speaking of Nate; he still had yet to be confronted about the nude photos of Jules. There were a lot of things to uncover. Too much going on for Matthew to get a breather.

On top of it all, there was Rue who called Matthew every chance she got to ask about Nate's whereabouts and explain to the boy how she thinks something is going on with Jules and his little brother. Rue knew— or at least she assumed that the person Jules had been sexting/ texting/ and flirting with had to have been Nate. It was just a hunch. But of course, Matthew knew the answer.

He just wasn't sure whether he should speak up about it.

"Come on Matthew you know it's fucking weird."

Matthew huffs. "Rue just drop it okay? If Jules wanted to speak up she would've."

"No- Jacob's!" She groans. "You aren't fucking getting it. Use your head. Think, why would Nate single out Jules in the first place? Don't you think he'd be sexually attracted to her? Which is weird because he went through all that drama just to get back with Maddy."

"We don't even know if it's Nathaniel," Matthew argued.

Which was a lie. He knew. He just couldn't say.

"We do know! We do fucking know."

"Rue shut the-" Before the boy was able to finish his sentence he felt Cassie moving around in her sleep. Matthew just groans. "I have to go Rue I'm sorry."

And with that, he hangs up.  The two go back to bed. The rest of the day went by slow and boring. Most do the day was shared by Nate and Cassie lying around in bed talking and laughing. But then Cassie's whole mood changed after her shower. She said it was nothing but Matthew knew otherwise.

~~~~~
11/26/22

It's practically almost been a week. A week where Matthew tried his hardest to reach out to Cassie who wouldn't budge. It's not like they didn't speak but it sure wasn't their honeymoon phase anymore. Now the texts and conversations got shorter. She was so cold and the boy didn't under what he did wrong.

'You've reached Cassie. Sorry, I didn't get to you. Call me back later.'

The 3rd time the boy had been sent to voicemail.