00.| ᴘʀᴏʟᴏɢᴜᴇ [1]

━━━ PROLOGUE.
00. thing one and thing two.
❝ YOU CAN TAKE YOUR ASS
UPSTAIRS TOO. ❞

MATTHEW JACOBS, OH WHERE to start for this young boy's story

MATTHEW JACOBS, OH WHERE to start for this young boy's story. He was like every other white frat male you'd see around town. He was covered with tattoos, of course, that was only because his parents hated the idea of him digging needles into his 'precious' skin, as his mother would put it. He only ever wore an all-black outfit and a leather jacket to top it off.

He seemed to have always gotten what he wanted and who he wanted. You'd find any girl willing to get in bed with that man with the same 'I could change him' mindset as the last. But truth is, you can't. No one has been able to do such a thing.

But of course, no one knew the reason for the behavior. The fact that his anger issues managed to eat him up no matter how hard he tried to fight them off. But like every bad boy, he had a soft spot for a selected few.

Nathaniel Jacobs, also known as Nate, is Matthew's younger brother. They went through thick and thin together. Had each other's back since they were in diapers. Matthew always looked out for his younger brother, he practically raised him considering his parents were rarely home.

Nate was much like his older brother. Both dicks with anger issues. They acted out of impulse, talked to whoever they wanted however they wanted.

And of course, they both had an even softer spot for their women.

And Matthew's just so happened to have been Cassie Howard. The whole school knew of her, all of them being for different reasons, none of them being reasons you'd want to get known for. Although Matthew wasn't fully sure of how he felt towards the blonde, he knew he needed to protect her. He knew that there were men his age or even older, wanting her. He couldn't let them have her.

He couldn't let them hurt her.

The thought of Cassie hurting sickened him. All he ever wanted was to protect her from herself and the world. Be her hero, her savior, best friend, and lover.

But how could he possibly be the hero to her story when he was the villain to his own?

Aside from being in denial about being in love with Cassie Howard, Matthew hung out with a selected group. He and his boy Fezco went way back, they were practically brothers as well. No one in town had a problem with Matthew, in fact, he was cool with everyone. He was just a dick at times, but he had everyone's back and they all spoke nicely of him.

He was the kind-hearted boy who had just grown up with a past that no one knew of. But there was one person he found himself platonically in awe of, and that was Rue Bennet. They were so different yet so alike. He adored the girl as if she was blood. Just as he felt for Cassie, he felt the need to protect Rue.

Especially from herself.

But their story was a story for another time.

"I'm still so surprised you're coming to the party tonight," Nate tells his brother, as his feet were rested on the dashboard. "Dude we're going to get so much pussy tonight. When was the last time you got laid?" he asks curiously.

Matthew glances at Nate, he removes a hand from the steering wheel and smacks his feet off of the dashboard. "What did I tell you about putting your dirty ass feet on my car? And don't worry about my sex life, instead, worry about Maddy."

Nate's body tenses up. "I don't give a fuck about her. She broke up with me."

"First stage: denial." Matthew fakes a frown, before laughing it off. "Listen it's the last day of summer, I could honestly care less about getting laid tonight."

Nate narrows his eyes. "Oh yeah? Are you sure? Or are you just nervous about seeing Cassie?"

"Nervous about seeing C— shut the fuck up, please? And thank you." The boy mumbles, he keeps his eyes on the road and continues to drive.

"Yo. Look at that." Nate points at a girl they had been approaching who was on a bike. "This is exactly what I'm talking about, right here—"

"Nathaniel do not—"

"Hey, yo, what up!" Nate shouts at her as they approached her. "Yo, how about you come and ride on this d—"

Before his idiotic brother could finish his sentence, Matthew presses on the gas and quickly drives away from the girl.

"What the fuck, MJ? What was that about?" Nate groans out in annoyance.

"Sometimes I wonder how the hell we're even related to each other." Matthew snarks while rolling his brother's window back up.

"Well you see, mom and dad were feeling a little groovy and decided to take a trip to bone town—"

"Okay, okay, shut up weirdo."

They both share a laugh and enjoy the rest of the car ride. After a good thirty minutes, they both arrived at McKay's house and within seconds the two boys were surrounded by their friends. They were sitting around, drinking and smoking. Practically readying themselves for the party.

Matthew was seated across the group of boys, he was in his own world. He had a cup in his hand and a bottle in another.

"Yo. So Cassie is a whore, fact." Nate announces which instantly catches the boy's attention.

Matthew looks up at him, he shakes his head. "No, she's not. You don't even know her—"

"Yeah, but I know those slut pages of hers," Nate smirks before jumping beside him. "She's a fuckin' freak man."

"Cassie's on the slut pages?"

"Yo, we got to see this shit—"

McKay looks up to see his two younger twin brothers who were walking out the room. "Yo, what are y'all even doing out the room, man? Go back upstairs."

The twins suck their teeth, they look over at Matthew hoping he'd have their back.

Matthew narrows his eyes. "Well don't look at me. You heard him thing one and thing two, upstairs."

The twins roll their eyes and run back upstairs.

"What a buzzkill." Nate mumbles.

"You can take your ass upstairs too," Matthew tells his younger brother.

Nate rolls his eyes. "Listen, don't get your panties tied in a knot. All I'm saying is tonight can finally be the night you take Cassie for your own. Come on she's easy. She's a fucking whore through and through bro."

Matthew shakes his head. "You guys are a bunch of dicks, alright? She's a cool, smart, funny girl. So just find another East Land high whore to fuck and keep Cassie out of this."

"Ah, someone is in love." Nate teases.

"Okay, yeah?" Nate scoffs. "You really want to do this now? So what if I told you that tonight I planned on fucking Maddy?"

The room goes silent.

Nate narrows his eyes. "What did you just say?" he stands to his feet.

"Oh, you heard me." Matthew mumbles, he stands up as well. Eyeing his brother. "You don't like the sound of that, do you? My hands all over her—"

"Shut the fuck up." Nate shoves his brother against the wall. "Don't talk about her like that."

Matthew pushes his brother off him. "Keep Cassie's name out of your mouth." he shot back.

Before any other words were able to be mumbled, there were heavy knocks at the front door.

Nate's glare turns into a smirk. "Let the party begin."

Crazy gut feeling, but something told Matthew tonight was going to be a crazy night.