03.| ᴛʜᴇ ᴘʜᴏɴᴇ ᴄᴀʟʟ [2]

━━━ CHAPTER THREE.
03. the phone call.
❝ IS THE WHOLE GIRL GROUP
UP THERE WITH HER? ❞

SINCE THE NIGHT OF the phone call, Matthew has been doing whatever he could to get closer to Cassie

SINCE THE NIGHT OF the phone call, Matthew has been doing whatever he could to get closer to Cassie. They've talked more than ever. They face-timed like they use to. Everything was going well. Until the point where she'd bring up Mckay and make Matthew want to jump off of a bridge. But other than that, hey life was full of sunshine and rainbows.

This weekend was the one weekend that Cassie was free. And of course, Matthew took it upon himself to ask her out on a date. But of course, she didn't think of it as a date. It's more of just two friends' best friends hanging out with each other. Of course, the one best friends were absolutely in love with the other but she didn't have to know that.

"H-hey Matthew, how have you been?" Suze, Cassie's mother slurs as she opens the door for him.

Matthew smiles. "Hi, Suze. I've been uh, i've been good."

"That is good to hear."

The woman leads him to the living room where he laid down on the sofa. Suze walks into the kitchen leaving Matthew to himself. He sighs heavily and leans his head back waiting for Cassie to come out.

"Move." Maddy walks down the stairs and pushes his feet off the sofa so she could sit.

Matthew rolls his eyes. "Hello to you too, Mads." he sighs out before throwing his legs back on top of hers.  "Is the whole girl group up there with her?"

Maddy nods. "Duh, what kind of dumbass question was that? When aren't we with her?"

"God, you are annoying."

"You love me."

"I think you got the wrong brother." Matthew jokes around, earning a slap on his leg.

Maddy snorts. "So should I even like, ask if you're still in love with her?"

Matthew's head shoots up. He looks at her then looks around in confusion. "What— how did you.. I don't—" he sighs. "Let me guess, Nate told you?"

Maddy innocently nods.

"Oh, I'm going to beat his ass."

"It's also kind of obvious." Maddy mumbles.

"If it were so obvious then why is she still with this fucking— ugh." He sighs.

Maddy smirks. "Wow, she's got you good."

"I don't know how." He mumbles. "But anyway, what's going on with you? How are you doing?"

As weird as it would seem to other people, Matthew and Maddy were both extremely close. They had more of a platonic bond. At times they truly did hate each other's guts but Matthew was the only person Maddy felt confident talking to.