07.| ʙᴏɴɴɪᴇ ᴀɴᴅ ᴄʟʏᴅᴇ [1]

━━━ CHAPTER SEVEN.
07. Bonnie and Clyde.
❝ YOU DON'T DESERVE TO BE
TREATED LIKE THIS. ❞

(Sexual scenes/moments towards the end of this chapter

(Sexual scenes/moments towards the end of this chapter. I thought I'd give writing sexual a shot. So although it isn't fully smut, it's sort of out of my comfort zone and is more intense and detailed. So if you get uncomfortable with reading sexual and intimate scenes, I'd advise you to skip the last few paragraphs.)

THE NEXT MORNING MATTHEW was woken up by the heat of the sun rays hitting his face. He throws his hand to the left thinking it would land on his nightstand, but instead it fell onto Maddy's back. His eyes widened and that's when he remembered he stayed the night over at Maddy's. Luckily, she was still sleeping. Matthew looks to the right where he sees messages from about everyone.

Messages

Rue: Yo you going to that Halloween party tonight? 10:22 AM

Nate: dude where are you? Moms going crazy right now. 7:46 AM

Father: Need you home soon. We have a meeting. 8:41 AM

Cassie: Hey, are you up? Can we talk?
YESTERDAY

'Shit' Matthew thinks to himself.

"Is everything okay?" Maddy's voice breaks him out of his thoughts.

Matthew drops his phone and turns around to face the girl. "Yeah of course. Goodmorning." He smiles.

"Okay.. okay good."

"Did I wake you up?" Matthew questions, his body facing her. Now giving her his full attention. "How do you feel?"

Maddy inhales sharply and lets out a shaky breath. "I feel— I don't know." She admits. "How am I supposed to feel? My neck hurts, and I feel weak and drained. I- I don't know how to feel." She sounded almost overwhelmed with emotions that she didn't know how to express.

Matthew places his hand on hers. Caressing his thumb against her hand. "It's okay, mads. There's no right way to feel. I wish I had the right words to say to you right now— and I want to say it'll all be okay but this will live with you. And I know you love him, but Mads this isn't right."

Maddy stays silent, waiting for him to continue to speak.

"You don't deserve to be treated like this. No one does. Especially not by Nathaniel." Matthew now sits up. Leaning against the backboard. "But I know that this is probably the last thing you want to talk about or do." He says to himself. "So, how does brunch sound? Do you want to try eating something?"