CHAPTER FOUR: DAMIEN'S POV

It took all that Damien had to stop laughing at the melodramatic dumbasses below him. He knew this wasn't the most diabolical plan he could of thought of, but he wasn't exactly completely in charge of the whole operation. His privileged prissy-ass father said he was "too busy" with his social life in order to welcome the newbies today. He had said that yesterday too. And the day before. And months before that.
It's been about a year since his father owned up and took care of important Hell business on his own. Damien raged inside his head about his father's own stupidity. Damien would've loved to be King of Hell, but Satan was just using his rank to hook up with men and slack off.
Below Damien, the hat continued to try uselessly at deciphering the circle of Hell the middle-aged woman was meant to be. The damned crowd groaned every time it got so close to reaching a decision and then hitting a roadblock. It was hilarious.
But he couldn't continue watching; he felt his gaze pull to the far left of the crowd, and when he turned he noticed Pip staring at him. He was a little frustrated that he wasn't being annoyed and impatient like the rest of the buffoons, but if Pip wanted to admire his terrifying beauty, then that was fine. But it was painfully obvious that Pip wasn't really looking at Damien to admire him. This frustrated Damien more, though he couldn't pinpoint why. He thought he couldn't care less about what other people thought of him.
Pip took his eyes off Damien and started moving away from the crowd, toward the back, farther and farther away from the gates.
What is this dumbass doing now? Damien thought.
Pip sat far away from everyone else, in a corner of the valley of hot stone and fire. From here, Pip looked hopeless. Small and tiny, a dot that was just as doomed as the rest of the human race (besides the Mormons. Those guys were set for the pearly gates). Damien smirked. Zipping past everyone else as fast as lightning, Damien leaned on a spire of rock, looming behind Pip. He wanted to taste Pip's sorrow firsthand.
"Given up already?" Damien smirked.
"Oh, please have pity on me." Pip stated, his voice choked with emotion. He was covering his face with his hands, but Damien could easily imagine the pained look on his face that he had seen on so many others before him.
"Pity? Here in Hell? How stupid are you?" Damien put on a mask of malevolence, but he really was savoring this. He trailed behind Pip, bringing himself to his full height.
"Please, Damien, I have had a very bad life indeed. Don't you remember all the kids in school bullying me?" Pip groveled.
"Yes. And I was one of those bullies. You know you have no allies here, right? You are doomed to damnation, and no one can come and help you now. You were hated by everyone in the living world. Don't expect to be loved here." Damien felt great. Pip was filled with more misery the more he spoke. Before he even set foot in the real Hell, Pip would be dispirited and broken.
"Yes... I know that. But we were friends for a bit, weren't we?" Pip released his hands from his face and looked directly into his eyes.
Damien noticed it then. Pip hadn't been grieving this whole time. Damien knew what genuine pain and sorrow looked like; he was surrounded by it his whole life. This little shit was faking. Damien was seething with rage; this little British tap-dancer shithead was plotting something. He didn't know what, but it was still highly suspicious. But he wouldn't give in to rage just yet. No, he was going to go through a whole process just to make Pip truly suffer.
Though Damien's newfound plan was not something he was particularly fond of, it would be worth it in the end. Damien was going to become best friends with Pip and then leave his little heart broken. Otherwise, this little light-hearted pussy would only see the positive side of everything and never truly get the suffering he deserved.

END OF CHAPTER FOUR