CHAPTER FOURTEEN

"Finals are tomorrow, have you sent in your wind Ensemble audition scales yet?" Olive asked Jacob in the middle of band that dreary Wednesday.

"Yeah I turned them all in last night. Don't worry I didn't forget they were due at the end of the semester!" Jacob said shooting Olive a look. They were both still in the class with all the freshman even though they were a senior and Junior. Neither Olive nor Jacob were confident enough in their clarinet abilities to audition till now. Jacob was taking that chance since he was going to be a senior the next year. He didn't want to be stuck in the Freshman band if he didn't have to.

Jacob had been preparing for the audition since the beginning of the school year. He had just forgotten to practice again until November. It was a little rough but he was able to get through the whole page of scales in his videos without crying. Of course Mincheol had to send him texts reassuring that Jacob I'm in fact do it. The crippling anxiety couldn't take over him now that he had a boyfriend cheering him on, during this audition.

Olive had also been a solid friend. Talking to Jacob during band. Helping Jacob with the finger placements for each note. They were rooting for him as well. This year he really felt like he had a chance.

Finals were a snooze Jacob genuinely did not study, try or give a shit about the finals. He knew even if he completely failed his finals he would still have B in all his classes, he did the math. Well a B in all his classes but Algebra II.

After all the finals he was right, B's in all his classes and a D minus in math. He asked Mincheol and Emily how their finals went and of course they finished out the semester strong with all A's and B's in their classes. Rayla and Swan on the other hand refused to reveal their grades. Swan had never cared much about grades and Rayla just didn't like comparing grades at all.

"I got an A on my band final!!" Said Olive, running up to Jacob after school.

"Awesome! Nice work, I got a B." Jacob smiled high fiving Olive. Mincheol ran over pulling them both into a group hug.

"I'm so ready for break!" Mincheol sighed. Jacob turned to hug just Mincheol and let out a huge smile.

"We get to spend all break together." He said, holding Mincheol's hands as they wait outside of Mincheol's Jeep.

"Hold on I wanna take you somewhere before I drive you home. Break has already started, baby." Mincheol said, hopping into the Jeep
.
Jacob knodded his head and they drove. Jacob had no idea where Mincheol was taking him but they drove for at least twenty minutes.

"Ok we're here." Said Mincheol.

When Jacob got out of the car they were at an old amusement park with vines growing all over them. In the center of it all, a small lake, now frozen over. They walked around the park holding hands and pretending like the rides were functional. Mincheol made up a story that he rented the place out and was Jacob's billionaire boyfriend who wanted to spoil him.

"So you're my sugar daddy?" Jacob laughed.

"Precisely." Mincheol said, wrapping his arm around Jacob.

"So, real Mincheol for a minute, how did you find this place?" Jacob asked, leaning into Mincheol's shoulder.

"My dad took me and my sisters here when we were little. It was still closed at the time but really fun to explore. When my dad left us, my sisters still kept taking me here every once and a while for fun." Mincheol explained as they found a spot in the teacups to sit.

Jacob traced the palm of Mincheol's hand,
"That's so sweet, I feel honored your brought me here."

They shared a slow kiss and then made their way to Mincheol's Jeep. The day had ended nicely and Jacob dozed off into a calm sleep once he had made it to his bed.