War of the Worlds (1)

I hate this :(

It was nighttime, and Aria sat on the bleachers, watching Ben and his soccer team play against another team. Ben's teammate kicks the ball to him, which he catches. "Ah. I'm all warmed up." He sighs. "It's game time!" He says and throws the ball onto the field. Ben's teammate stops the ball with his chest and kicks it to the other team's side, and they run to get it. "I'm afraid the time for games has passed, my friend." A voice says, and seeing who it is, Aria runs across the field to them. "Professor Paradox?" Ben questions. "And one other." Paradox says, and Azmuth steps out from behind him. "Come with me." Paradox tells the teens.

°•☆°•☆°•☆°•☆°•☆°•

The whole gang is now at the Mr. Smoothy. "What's so important that I had to miss the auto show?" Kevin asks. "The imminent destruction of your primitive word and all who live here." Azmuth tells them. "But if you'd rather go look at a new convertible, by all means." Gwen tells Kevin. "He called you primitive." Aria snickers at Ben. "Anyways, what's really going on?" Aria asks. "The Highbreed attack has already begun." Paradox says. "We know. We've been fighting them for weeks." Ben replies. "The situation has escalated. They've conquered my home world, the only planet with the technology to fight them head-on." Azmuth shares. "And their next target?" Ben asks. "Earth." Paradox answers. "The Highbreed attack plan has worked on a dozen worlds. They send a small number of Highbreed to the target planet." Azmuth starts. "Then infiltrate the locals by turning them into DNAlien slaves." Paradox finishes. "And use the slaves to build a jump gate." Kevin adds. "Correct. A hyperspace jump gate is an interstellar shortcut allowing the Highbreed to send warships across the galaxy in a matter of seconds." Azmuth explains. "The four of us could barely take down one of their ships." Ben shares.

"The ship you defeated wasn't a warship. It was a small cruiser." Paradox says. "Wow. Encouraging." Aria says. "No force on this planet could stand against even a single Highbreed warship. You could." Azmuth looks at Aria. "Probably. They will send hundreds." He says. "So much encouragement!" Aria says sarcastically. "We're hosed." Kevin says. "Unless we stop them before they complete the hyperspace jump gate." Paradox suggests. "It should be simple enough to find, even if they cloak it." Azmuth says. "Oh, we know where it is." Aria waves them off. "Really?" Everyone looks at her. "The abandoned quartz mine is Los Soledad!" She exclaims looking at her friends. "Oh yeah, we saw the DNAliens building a giant arch." Ben remembers. "So we know where we got to go, and we know what to do." Kevin says. "Direct approach." Gwen adds. "Sure... Direct..." Ben removes his soccer shirt. "but not stupid. We've met a bunch of Plumbers' kids with superpowers, and a lot of them owe us favors. I say we call them in." Ben finishes, putting on his jacket. "May I suggest you send your teammates out for that job?" Azmuth asks.

"Why?" Ben asks. "I would have a word with the wielder of my Omnitrix, in private." Azmuth tells him. "Right. Like I'm gonna miss this. See you when you get back, Gwen, Ari." Kevin tells the girls, and Gwen grabs his wrist. "Hey!" He shouts. "Kevin Ethan Levin, you come with us right now!" Gwen pulls him away and Aria follows. "Ethan?" Ben looks at the boy who is getting pulled away. "Your name is Kevin E. Levin?" He asks. "You just lost all remaining pretense of cool." Ben teases. "You promised you'd never tell!" Kevin tells Gwen, who looked away with her arms crossed before Paradox teleported them away.

°•☆°•☆°•☆°•☆°•☆°•

Alan ran through the corn fields in search of a DNAlien. When he finds it, it turns to him and roars. "Yeah, whatever." Alan says, transforming into his Pyronite self. "So, you want to go a couple of rounds or just give up?" The boy asks with a fireball in his hand. The DNAlien screeches and runs into the corn. "My reputation precedes me." Alan says. The alien runs through the corn, and Alan flies after it on a rock. He gets in front of the DNAlien and burns the corn around it, trapping it. The alien looks around but only sees fire, so it grunts. "Yeah, yeah. Tell it to the sheriff." Alan tells it. "Nice work, kid." Kevin says once the appeared behind the boy. "But if you really want to make a dent in the alien problem, you should come with us." Kevin tells him and Aria gives him two thumbs up.