Kevin's Big Score

Rewritten

The group gathered at Grandpa Max's RV. Ben and Gwen sat outside looking through photos, Kevin trying to fix the RV, and Aria trying to get her powers to work. "Hey, Ben look. It's us in front of the old Rust Bucket." Gwen laughs and shows her cousin the picture, making him laugh as well. "That's so like Grandpa Max to lose one dumper, then run out and find another." Ben comments. Aria tunes them out and tries to use energy, her hands glow slightly, and she tries making a shield but it shatters. "Great." Aria groans, stomping her foot. "Still not buying the 'nice guy' act Kevin." She hears Ben say. "You okay, Ari?" Gwen asks. "I can't use energy." Aria sighs. "Why? I thought I--" "You did, but that doesn't reverse the damage." Aria shares. "What happened, though?" Gwen asks. Aria was gonna reply, but Kevin cut her off. "Okay, I'm gonna try the engine." He says and does exactly that. "Go, Kevin!" Ben cheers. 

Kevin then proceeds to drive away and Ben pulls Gwen and Aria to the ground. "Come back, Kevin!" Ben yells running after the RV. Along the way he transforms into a Necrofriggian he calls 'Big Chill' and flies after Kevin. Kevin checks his side mirror and sees Big Chill flying behind him. He smiles and presses a button, and a laser comes out from the top and shoots at Big Chill, but he dodges it. Kevin locks the gun onto Big Chill and shoots at him, but Big Chill turns invisible, causing the laser to go through him. Big Chill freezes the road, and Kevin swerves almost losing control, but he activates spiked tires and drives normally again. Big Chill freezes the back of the RV causing it to run off the road, Kevin activates an armored bumper and drives through the trees, determined to get to his destination. He ramps the RV off a hill and lands on the road again with Big Chill behind him. Big Chill goes invisible but Kevin activates a heat signature and shoots a net at Big Chill trapping him. 

Big Chill breaks the net and looks to where Kevin is but doesn't see him and detransforms as Aria and Gwen get to him using Gwen's stepping stones. "He got away." Ben states. "I can see that." Aria comments. "Whoa. I mean... oh no!" Gwen corrects herself. "How could I have let my guard down? He's a liar and a thief." Ben accuses. "That was the old Kevin. He's different not. And we're different, too." Gwen defends. "I can track him from this." She holds up the handkerchief Kevin used. "You kept his sweaty handkerchief?" Ben asks. "Disgusting." Aria cringes. Gwen looks at them, then closes her eyes, and the handkerchief glows with mana before it falls back into her palm. "Got him." She says with a smile.

°•☆°•☆°•☆°•☆°•☆°•

"Now, I know this looks bad." Kevin says when Aria, Ben, and Gwen get to his location. Ben walks up to him with the two girls staying back. "Bad? Bad?! If you don't get the rust bucket back, I'll show you bad!" Ben threatens. "Doubt it." Kevin states. "What happens when this is all over and Grandpa comes home? Where is he gonna live then?" Ben asks. "Do I have to separate you two?" Gwen asks, raising her hands which glowed with mana. "He stole Grandpa's home. What kind of jerk steals an old man's home?" Ben asks, turning to face the girls. "The Kevin kind." Aria replies. "Hey!" Kevin yells, offended. "He might've had a good reason to do so, right?" Aria asks. "Yeah, it's important." Kevin replies. "Important to you." Ben glares at him. "One second." Kevin says and the girls approach him. He pulls out his Plumber's badge and opens up a map showing a blinking red dot. "You hid a tracking device in the undercarriage." Gwen notes. "Like I'd ever let anyone swipe a fortune in Plumber tech from me." Kevin says. "Really?" Aria deadpans.

°•☆°•☆°•☆°•☆°•☆°•

They go to a part of town which had a bunch of abandoned buildings. They get out of the car and Kevin opens up the map again. He breaks down the door and Aria walks in with her skin glowing white and her hair shimmering with different colors. "Whoa." Gwen says, amazed by her look. "That's cool." Kevin adds, and Ben stares at her, entranced by her look. They follow after her and see the Rust Bucket now stripped of anything valuable. "Stripped!" Kevin points out. "Great! So where's your fortune, Kevin?" Ben asks, crossing his arms and walking in the next direction. He picks up some kind of device. "What's this worth-- 5 bucks?" He asks, then kicks a stack of tires. "We're supposed to keep the planet safe from an alien invasion, and we can't keep a motor home from getting stolen?" He asks. "Drop it." Kevin tells him, walking away. "Don't walk away from me!" Ben steps in front of Kevin. "It's times like these where I really miss Aeloria." Aria mumbles. "Aeloria?" Gwen questions.